Operating Room Assistant II PD-Santa Monica
Under the general direction of the Clinical Specialist,
Registered Nurses, AN II, and Unit Director, the O.R. Assistant II is
responsible for patient transport, cleaning of the operating room suites,
assistance to nursing staff in preparing patients for surgery, gathering
supplies and equipment, maintenance of storage areas and performing necessary
errands related to patient care.
1. Ability to meet the physical requirements of the job: lift,
carry, push or pull 50lbs. Or more, constant (80-90% of the time)
2. Dexterity to operate equipment.
3. Communication skills to take direction or instructions.
4. Ability to articulate with a diverse and
5. Awareness of potential exposure to injury of hazardous
6. Knowledge of sterilizer's functions, sterilizing
parameters, equipment maintenance, sterility tests.
7. Knowledge of disinfectants germicides, and sterilants.
8. Knowledge of infection control, AORN, and AAMI standards
related to job functions.
9. Knowledge of government regulations: JCAHO, Title 22,
OSHA, Medical Device Act, Waste Management, Sexual Harassment, and Patient's
Bill of Rights.
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />