Patient Transport Technician II - Westwood
In this role, your functions will include positioning, transferring and transporting patients to and from various departments or locations by wheelchair, bed, or gurney. This involves lifting, turning, transferring and repositioning patients requiring moderate to total assistance.
You may also perform teaching and training functions, dispatching function, and limited clerical duties for the transport function. Other role requirements include supply delivery, equipment movement and maintenance and cleaning or disinfection, assisting with the department dispatcher as required, assisting in the management of decedent affairs, and other activities as directed.
Assignments may vary between day and night shift, and participation in weekend coverage is required.Qualifications
- Ability to transport patients in gurneys using correct body mechanics
- Interpersonal skills to interact diplomatically and sensitively with acutely ill patients while under your care
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with co-workers and all hospital staff
- Oral communication skills to convey information using correct grammar
- Must have current and valid CPR certification directly from the American Heart Association or Red Cross (not affiliate of either association)
- Previous experience on a transport or lift team
- Acute care hospital experience, knowledge of medical terminology and of patient care needs in a hospital setting
UCLA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.[Register to View] />