Dir, Business Development – Purchased Services
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
In this role, you will be responsible for the year over year growth and expansion of the Indirect Spend contract portfolio. You will lead the work related to defining new category needs and member offerings, developing supplier acquisition strategies including executing new supplier agreements, and onboarding the new suppliers. This will include developing relationships with market leading suppliers, to offer a comprehensive portfolio of best-in-class agreements for Vizient members. In addition, you will lead supplier negotiations to in pursuit of exceptional member value.
- Continual SWOT and gap analysis of current offerings:
- Voice of the member
- Voice of consulting
- Market research/analysis
- Create, maintain, and work living pipeline of new supplier opportunities.
- Work closely with PEs and Leadership identifying new opportunities.
- Timely and consistent delivery of new, high-value contracts.
- Consistently deliver name-brand, gpo-unique, differentiator suppliers (Kronos, Fresenius, etc.).
- Coordinate and communicate with team to avoid overlapping workstreams.
- Monitor newly contracted suppliers for 12+ months to ensure success.
- Attend appropriate QBRs and new supplier orientation.
- Participate at Indirect Spend conferences (HIMMS, ASHHRA, SHSMD, etc.).
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 7 or more years’ experience managing large enterprise accounts; preferably in a healthcare group purchasing setting.
- Ability to influence C-suite and develop relationships vertically and horizontally within accounts needed.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Prior experience prospecting for revenue opportunities, building strategic offerings and executing.
- Proposal writing and Salesforce experience preferred.
- Ability to travel regularly and expeditiously throughout the year to meet clients’ needs and timetables.
Estimated Hiring Range:$102,400.00 - $152,200.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.