Nurse Practitioner - Benton County, WA and Franklin County, WA
$20,000 Sign On Bonus for External Candidates!!
Student Loan Repayment Available for External Candidates and Eligible Employees
How about an added bonus or help with paying down your student loans?
Eligibility to receive a sign on bonus OR three years of student loan repayment assistance through our Student Loan Repayment (SLR) program. This could mean up to an additional $40K in benefits to you as well as the opportunity to pay down your student loan faster!
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Serving millions of Medicare and Medicaid patients, Optum is the nation’s largest health and wellness business and a vibrant, growing member of the UnitedHealth Group family. We’re also the career home for Nurse Practitioners who bring compassion and passion, energy and focus to their work every day. As a Home Visit Nurse Practitioner with Optum, you’ll provide primary care home visits for patients in collaboration with the physician of record and patient care team.
The Optum Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) at Home program is a longitudinal, integrated care delivery program that coordinates the delivery and provision of clinical care of members in their place of residence. The DSNP program combines Optum trained clinicians providing intensive interventions customized to the needs of each individual, in collaboration with the Interdisciplinary Care Team, which includes the Optum clinician, the member’s Primary Care Provider and other providers, and other professionals.
After conducting an initial comprehensive patient assessment, you will communicate and manage the patients’ plan of care across all care providers, family, and caregivers to ensure that timely, patient-centered, appropriate evidence - based medicine is provided. By building solid relationships, you’ll have a meaningful impact on the patient’s health as you collaborate with the care team to provide direct patient care and develop a plan of care to achieve patient’s goal and clinical outcomes.
- Effectively manage medical and behavioral conditions, acute and chronic, in collaboration with the member’s team of care providers (e.g., PCP, specialists
- Obtain and review medical history, conduct physical and psychosocial assessments, analyze and diagnose conditions and develop appropriate plan of care
- Identify gaps in care, interpret diagnostic test and reports and refer appropriately
- Identify risk factors and help mitigate barriers to access care and reduce risk
- Develop interventions to assist members in attaining established goals of care
- Evaluate member’s progress in completion of goals of care and re - assess and assist in care management with members
- Serves as a key resource on complex and / or critical issues
- Solves complex problems and develops innovative solutions
- Establishes and maintains communication and a trusting relationship with the member, family/authorized representative and primary caregiver and specialists
- Discuss medical options / interventions with members/families to promote understanding and assist them in making informed decisions
- Clarify member's cultural values that may impact health management / decisions
- Identify prognosis/trajectory of chronic disease that may impact future member health decisions and conduct advanced care planning discussions
- 100% travel in local market area to patient’s homes for in home visits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Active, unencumbered license to practice nursing in the state of assignment or ability to obtain
- Nurse practitioner Certification from either the ANCC or AANP or ability to obtain
- DEA License or the ability to obtain
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) Certification
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Geriatric or adult medicine specialty
- 1+ years of experience with hands on, post grad Nurse Practitioner work
- Bilingual or multilingual
- Understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and Health Plan benefit structures beneficial
- Comfortable working independently in a home - visit setting
- Basic knowledge of computers and cell phones
- Experience working with complex patient populations including multiple chronic diseases with diverse psychosocial backgrounds
- Experience working in home health or in home setting
- Effectively communicate with elderly and chronically ill patients and families
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi - task and manage schedule
- Excellent Collaboration skills and ability to communicate with care team and physicians
- Expectation for high quality focus on the clinical model for DSNP which includes Stars and accurate coding and documentation
- Access to reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and / or patient sites within a designated area
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.