Service Desk Representative
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
The Service Desk - Dispatch team is a customer service organization within Motorola Solutions supporting, Government & Public Safety Business customers.
Our organization is focused on business to business customers who include state and local entities, federal government agencies and authorized channel partners. Customer service agents are responsible for supporting in-bound customer service calls which involve resolving a wide variety of complex customer issues.
Agents represent Motorola Solutions to our customers. Our ability to provide best in class customer service is part of the Motorola Solutions brand. When our customers think of Motorola Solutions, they think of our products AND the support we provide. Our customer’s are our lifeblood and each Agent needs to provide reliable, dependable support.
The Service Desk has a strong focus on employee and career development. This is an excellent position to gain base Motorola business knowledge and work toward your next step within the company. Our goal is to develop your knowledge and professional behaviors so that you can contribute to the company throughout your career.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- Tactfully and courteously interface with customers in order to build strong business relationships
- Proactively utilize strong problem solving skills in order to deliver customer focused solutions
- Analyze and resolve a wide variety of complex customer business issues
- Educate customers on respective business processes and procedures
- Display strong verbal communication skills through daily customer interaction
- Act as single point of contact for external customers, business partners, and internal business groups
- Exercise multi-tasking skills when managing multiple systems and applications during customer interaction
- Integrate customer transaction survey into call model thus supporting the CMSO business initiative to evaluate customer service support levels
- Utilize internal business tools and applications to effectively resolve the customer’s issues. This involves multi-tasking between systems while interacting with the customer
- Focus on first call resolution
- Maintain Departmental/Organizational service level goals
- Convey strong understanding of Motorola customer satisfaction and business goals
NOTE: Hours of operation are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, including U.S. holidays. Candidates interested in this position must be flexible to support 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts. *This role is primarily for 1st shift*
- Candidate must be able to begin work on specified training date. Our training session runs a minimum of 2 weeks and new hires are required to attend the training session without interruption. All vacation requests are suspended during training.
- The training program is best in class and designed to educate new agents on the processes and procedures prior to supporting customer inquiries. The Training Program is lead by an experienced trainer who is the new hire's acting supervisor during training. Training is not only focused on supporting the call types, but is also focused on developing your professional business behaviors. During the training period the agent receives training within 1st shift operating hours.
- Exhibit strong ownership and follow through. Agents own the customer’s issue and drive the resolution to ensure the customer is satisfied with the end result
- Strong observation and researching skills. Agents need to research and pursue information that assists in resolving the customer’s issue. Allowing an issue to go unsolved because an agent does not have the desire to drive a resolution is not an option
- Exceptional Interpersonal skills required
- Strong determination in the face of challenges. Call volume is constant and Agents must answer every call without hesitation. Our customers count on dependable, reliable support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks. Effective time management skills required
- Proficient computer skills with emphasis on Windows and Google suite-based applications
- Customer focused; detail orientated individual
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a high stress/fast paced work environment
- Focused individual who understands the value of excellent customer service and the impact to business if customers are not properly supported
- Confident individual who is willing to assume responsibility
- Demonstrates high degree of drive and determination. Successful Agents never back away from a challenge and are willing to go the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service
- Adaptive and flexible individual who is willing to learn and make recommendations for improvements
- Ability to work and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Individual contributor and team player
- Fluency in French or Spanish a PLUS
- Inbound call center or customer service experience a PLUS
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract, and additional Navy background clearance
- Bachelors degree or 3 years of customer service experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.