Field Service Technician
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
- Maintenance and management of highly technical Motorola communications systems.
Focus on maintaining optimal performance levels across an integrated system while taking a proactive approach to address and mitigate system level alarms and malfunctions.
Manages system availability through routine system maintenance, performance monitoring and System wide Preventative Maintenance.
- Familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques for current model digital and analog Motorola communications equipment and system architectures.
- Years of experience as a Communications System Technician
- Experience with P25 Systems, LMR RF systems, wired/wireless communication systems, networking equipment, IT networks and subscriber equipment.
- Proven experience with the use of equipment commonly used in the optimization and testing of Motorola communications systems (Communications Systems Analyzers, Power Sensors and Watt Meters, TIMS sets, CPS, RSS, Antenna Systems Analyzers (FDRs), T1 test sets, etc.)
- Knowledge of configuration and testing of channel banks, routers, hubs, and switches
- Experience in the configuration and testing of Motorola two‐way radio and subscriber products.
- FCC license and industry certifications such as ETA are a plus.
- Familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques in transport, communications and RF systems.
- Knowledge of wired/wireless communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN).
- Knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques.
- Highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers and subcontractor partner community, as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
- The Field Service Technician MUST BE on-call 20% of the time.
- The Service Coverage Territory will include the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Staten Island, New York.
- Associate's Degree/Technical Certificate or 5+ years of experience in Networking, IT, Radio Frequency or Land Mobile Radio
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check and maintain a clean driving record.
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.