Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
The Emergency Call Handling Support Department provides Tier 3 Technical Support for NG911 Public Safety Answering Points. Job tasks include but are not limited to implementation, maintenance and support of 911 call taking and dispatch solutions. This department works with DevOps, Engineering and Field Service Partners to accomplish assigned tasks. Our employees enjoy the mental challenge of the diversity of technologies supported within the team. They are also rewarded by the opportunity to fix issues within the systems that ultimately save lives.
Motorola Solutions is building talent pipelines to meet future hiring demands. This is a pipeline role, while there is not an immediate opening, we want to build relationships with prospective candidates like you. If your background is a match to our requirements, we’ll follow up with an exploratory conversation.
The System Technologist will provide advanced technical support of Public Safety software solutions in a fast-paced & dynamic environment. Escalation point for complex trouble tickets. Must have knowledge of desktop support, networking fundamentals (LAN, WAN, routing and switching), telephony hardware, troubleshooting software applications and diagnosing complex system architectures. Must be a diligent researcher and learner. Love in-depth troubleshooting and reproducing issues. Create, update, manage, and resolve support tickets. Empower team via knowledge transfer. Regular interfacing with customers via phone and through remote connection. Participation in on-call rotation required.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supports the operation, installation, maintenance and service of Motorola Solutions Products.
Provides Tier 3 customer and technical support via telephone to customers in solving Hardware, Software, & Configuration of a NG911 Call Taking and Dispatching Solution.
Manage tickets in a timely manner within service management tools.
Troubleshooting a wide range of technical issues from front end gui issues to server-side application, GIS, database, telco-related, desktop or system issues.
- Creating and maintaining strong customer relationships.
- Deploying and managing software upgrades.
- Act as escalation point for complex trouble tickets for Tier 2 Support.
- Acts as the Technical Support escalation point for customer field service technicians.
- Mentor customers in the areas of product knowledge, troubleshooting and case management.
- Develop, maintain, review and delivers technical, product support and workflow documentation.
- Participate in on-call rotation for support calls and escalations.
- Works variable shifts dictated by support needs.
- Associates degree in Computer Science (or related degree) or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of customer support experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills. (Fluent in English, oral and written)
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle stressful situations & troubleshoot critical issues while maintaining effective and professional communication with Customer and Motorola Management.
- In depth installation, configuration and troubleshooting experience for Windows Server 2008, 2012, Windows 7, Windows 10 Operation Systems
- Experience with Windows Domain architecture/ integration / Active Directory
- Experience in providing Linux/UNIX technical support to customers
- Experience with troubleshooting various server/desktop hardware related issues
- Experience troubleshooting LAN/WAN
- Experience troubleshooting 3rd party application integration
- Ability to assist the Technical Support Services Team in training, daily operations, escalations and assignments concerning Technical Support.
- Microsoft MCSE or equivalent experience
- Cisco CCNA certifications or related experience
- Experience with VOIP applications
- Experience with PBX (Asterisk or others) and Premise systems
- Experience with VMware virtualization suites
- Experience with Computer Telephony Integration (CTI) Applications
- Experience with database related technology and administration (MySql or SQL Server)
- Experience with Servers (Dell and HP)
- Experience with firewalls and security related applications
- Experience with GIS applications
Associates degree in Computer Science (or related degree) with 3 years IT Support Experience
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.