Field Service Technician
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
The U.S. Federal Governments Markets Division is chartered with being the premier, compliant supplier of world-class communications solutions to the U.S. Federal Government by providing the highest quality products, systems and services. The USFGMD will achieve this with a professional, well-trained, diverse workforce creating a positive and profitable customer relationship resulting in Total Customer Satisfaction and growth of our business. The Federal Systems Technology department of the USFGMD is responsible for service supporting a charter of implementing and integrating complex systems sold worldwide to the U.S. Federal Government. As a USFGMD Systems Technologist, you will be exposed to a wide variety of communications requirements in both the Presale and Post Sale phases of a project. These applications span the entire breadth of the U.S. Federal Government throughout the world.
The U.S. Air Force LMR network today is a robust, ultra-complex deployment of disjointed, multi-zone ASTRO systems on different system releases using varying technologies. The System Technologist will be responsible for performing zone core maintenance which includes (but is not limited to) administering HP Servers, Juniper routers, the Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 environment, RedHat Enterprise Linux, HP Switch platform, and the VMWare ESXi platform. Additionally, maintenance on remote RF and dispatch sites will be performed which requires extensive knowledge of Motorola's leading Astro 25 LMR platform. This includes RF site optimization using advanced RF analysis tools. This position is remote and can be performed from all 48 continental US states. Travel of approximately 75% will be required.
Candidate must have some basic knowledge in the technicalities deployed by ASTRO to include, networking, Cyber Security principles, Active Directory Administration, LMR Communications. Helpful to have knowledge of ASTRO core applications such as UNC, PM, UEM, ESXi, HBSS, and PKI. A minimum of 2 years experience in IT, radio or other related field.
Required Technical Proficiencies:
- Excellence in IP networking knowledge.
- Excellence in Windows and RedHat Linux System Administration.
- Must be Proficient in Juniper routers and Junos.
- 2+ years in IT, networking, technician, field service, system technician/specialist.
- At least 2 + years of Networking (Wide and Local Area Networks) experience. Education or work experience may be substituted.
- Excellent knowledge and demonstration of hardware and software tools (network analyzers, PuTTY, WinSCP, etc.)
- Proficiency in administering HP ProLiant servers and iLO.
- Experience in deploying and administering VMware virtualization suites.
- Experience in performing RF trunking site optimization or be willing to learn this skill.
- A high degree of computer system and network troubleshooting aptitude is a must.
- Proficiency in administering Windows 10, Windows Server 2012, and Active Directory.
- Demonstrated experience working in IT production environments.
Preferred Technical Proficiencies:
- Experience with or willing to learn Motorola’s proprietary software and hardware systems.
- Experience with one of the following: P25, LMR, Smartnet, SmartZone, RF infrastructure, ASTRO systems, radios and consoles is highly preferred.
- Experience with McAfee suite of security products and ePolicy Orchestrator is preferred.
Required General Proficiencies:
- A good sense of teamwork is absolutely essential. Must be willing to work well with a cohesive team and be an excellent team player.
- Strong organization skills and a high attention to detail.
- Extensive verbal and written communication within the team and with the customer.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Must have strong self-management skills and people skills to work closely with Motorola’s customers as well as Motorola Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations.
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple concurrent responsibilities of varying priorities and shift focus from one to another with minimal loss of productivity or work quality.
- Must be willing and able to obtain DoD Secret-level clearance, as required.
- Must be capable of obtaining a secret clearance within 18 months of initial employment date.
- Required to lift equipment of ~ 50lbs.
- Required to complete standard form SF86 questionnaire for national security positions.
- Work at various customer locations full time. Travel, of up to 75%, will be required.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Must be willing to hit the ground running as a complex enterprise-level upgrade will begin shortly after being hired.
- Perform daily preventative and corrective maintenance on a global wireless network communications system.
- Ensure the highest possible level of communications network operational availability.
- Maintain Motorola RF communications equipment including RF repeaters and base stations, and antenna systems under contract.
- Provide technical support and end to end case management for cases generated by Motorola and the users of the ELMR system.
- Manage spare asset inventory and performs regular inventory audits to reduce risks to operational availability.
- Perform routinely scheduled backups of critical data to ensure operational continuity in the event of a catastrophic failure.
Required Technical Certifications:
- Must be willing to obtain CompTIA Security+ or CISSP certification within first 6 months of employment
- Must be willing to obtain ETA CET associate certification within first 6 months of employment
- Juniper JNCIA or better preferred
***Work Location is Remote, Travel of Approximately 75% Required***
USFGMD Secret - ClearedJobs.net
High school diploma and 2 years of experience in IT, networking, technician, field service, system technician/specialist.
- **Must be a US Citizen and able to obtain background clearance as required by US government customer**
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.