Naval Marine Field Service Representative
Naval Marine Field Service Representative, Propulsion Systems
Innovate & Power the world
As the Defense Naval Marine Service Representative for Rolls-Royce, you will provide in-service support the US Navy, Coast Guard and Shipyards. You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance, repairs, and some diagnosis on equipment with limited technical support with the aim of minimizing equipment downtime to ensure customer satisfaction. You will be responsible for ensuring that specific maintenance programs are professionally administered daily, by liaising with the customer, and maintaining service records upon completion.
At Rolls-Royce, we pioneer the power that matters to our customers, to society and to the planet.
We’re at the forefront of innovation and experience in the Marine sector, and our product portfolio ranges from standalone products to complex integrated systems including ship design. A leading provider of propulsion and handling solutions for the maritime offshore, merchant and naval markets, we have more than 4,000 customers, with 70 naval forces and over 30,000 commercial vessels using our equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and commissioning work on equipment in accordance with the maintenance contract(s)
- Evaluate parts for repair and/or replacement.Oversee repair activities to ensure compliance with technical specifications.
- Verify dimensions and clearances to ensure conforming to specification and conduct tests and inspections to QA/QC standards
- Create a record of work accomplished to form the basis of an on-going customer management plan
- Ability to meet certain requirements for visual acuity, as outlined in the Authorized Field Service Representative program, for purposes of performing essential job functions, such as visual inspection of hardware for serviceability.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally up to 50%
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5+ years of experience in Marine technology and/or field services
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- In order to be considered for this position, you must be eligible to receive and maintain a US DoD Security Clearance which requires US Citizenship
- Hold a valid driver’s license
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, diagrams and technical manuals in order to determine methods and sequences of assembly
- Basic knowledge of rigging, hydraulics, and hydraulic torque wrenches
- Knowledge of Rolls-Royce Naval Marine products, systems, their functionality and applications. Specifically, Rolls-Royce and Bird Johnson Controllable Pitch propellers, waterjets, and thrusters
- An understanding of machining operations, how to properly use measuring tools, and an understanding of surface finishes
- Technical writing experience. Specifically, report writing
Pioneer an ocean of power. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Pioneers of Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realize their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy [Register to View]
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.
Relocation assistance will be provided if applicable
Closing date: April 12th 2022