Premier Support Engineer
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Premier Support for the WatchGuard Product Line
The Premier Support Engineers provide white-glove support and solutions to an assigned group of customers. They work cross- functionally with Support, Sales and Development. Their goals are to maximize client experience with WatchGuard products, and to proactively ensure a stable and secure product experience. The role requires strong problem-solving, communication, and client-relation skills.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Own and pro-actively manage the technical relationship of assigned high profile customers.
- Accurately document product issues and convey workarounds and fixes to customers.
- Know and understand your customer’s IT infrastructure and make recommendations where appropriate to ensure healthy operations.
- Ensure prompt and complete resolution of technical challenges and business issues, drive other teams as required and set customer expectations.
- Maintain documentation of clients’ technology environment and system configurations
- Proactively identify solutions and enhancements to ensure your customer’s long-term success
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of WatchGuard products and services.
- Must have reasonable flexibility in personal schedule for travel, on-call responsibilities, and completing customer calls.
- Embraces opportunity/requirement to travel onsite and provide support/solutions (overnight travel is typically up to 25%)
- 5 – 10 years of experience in IT helpdesk and/or application support role
- Extensive Hardware, Software and Networking troubleshooting
- Experience with SQL Server Database troubleshooting
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2016, 2012, 2008; Windows 7, 8, 10
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, VPN, LAN
- Advanced knowledge of Router, switches, VLANs, VPN
- Knowledge of Virtualization; Hyper-V, VMWare a plus
- Advanced understanding of internet protocols (HTTP, SSL/TLS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and multitask in a deadline driven high-pressure environment
- Experience and demonstrated ability to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
- Ability to develop professional relationships and provide support in a professional and articulate manner
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- MCP and/or MCSE Certifications preferred
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.