CAD/RMS System Manager
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
CMSO Software Enterprise Operations Organization is a group that delivers software solutions to the public safety sector. Our group is committed to providing the technology, knowledge, and tools that will allow our customers to focus on their mission critical goals and responsibilities. We provide support for ground breaking products and solutions that enable public safety entities to respond more quickly and safely to emergent situations. PSA deploys and supports products such as Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings. SPSS is a fast-paced environment that seeks motivated and professional individuals willing to work towards our goals as an organization.
Provides tailored technical customer operations support. Develops strategies for implementing operational efficiencies by reviewing work flows, procedures, and performance. Executes customer operations policies and procedures. Builds and maintains positive, effective, and mutually beneficial-working alliances with customers. Initiates problem solving action and follows through to resolution. Performs root-case analysis of problems to formulate and recommend improved alternative operations. Act as the interface between Motorola software and hardware technical support teams. Perform diagnostic assistance, provide preliminary hardware and software problem evaluation.
• 3+ years Computer Science, Networking, Engineering, System Maintenance experience (public safety system experience preferred)
• 3+ years of Public Safety Applications experience involving CAD/RMS/Mobile, and other emergency 911 center equipment greatly preferred
• Proven track record working with or deploying enterprise hardware and software solutions; HP preferred
• Experience creating positive working relationships with customers and application end users.
• Able to function effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment that regularly requires the ability to multitask.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable working both alone and in a team environment.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems (MCSA/MCSE skills)
• Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC and Ops Manager (SCOM)
• Experience with Public Safety Applications including CAD and Mobile
• Experience with Virtualization software
• Experienced with Network Load Balancing (NLB) and Clustering
• Experience with hardware blades and Storage Area Networks (SAN); HP preferred
• Experience with firewalls and routers; Fortigate preferred
• Ability to troubleshoot application system issues including hardware, network and third-party components
• Experience with server patching and maintenance
• An understanding of system dependencies and connections
• Experience with system performance impacts and reporting
• Experience with system configuration documentation
This position is subject to working in high security areas governed by the US Department of Justice's "Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) Security Policy" and therefore requires successfully passing a more stringent fingerprint background check administered by Motorola Solutions Inc. customers
- Bachelors degree or 3+ years of relevant experience
- Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment Plan
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.