Analyst, Financial Analysis
Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania)
Work Arrangement: Hybrid/Home
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 69537
The Role at a Glance
This position will analyze and communicate results of the Annuity Financial Plan and quarterly Annuity GAAP and Statutory earnings. They will be responsible for maintaining the Annuity Financial Plan model, assumption development, producing plan earnings and metrics, and communicating results with management and key stakeholders. They will also act as a resource to applicable internal/external stakeholders by providing financial guidance and information as needed.
What you'll be doing:
- Primary owner of Annuity 3-year GAAP and Statutory Financial Plan model. Includes model management, assumption development, and communication of results.
- Quarterly Annuity earnings analysis. Includes producing detailed analysis of income statement line items and earnings metrics for both GAAP and Statutory accounting basis. Assistance in communication of financial results both internally and externally.
- Topical financial analysis and creation of educational materials, with a focus on clear and concise explanation of results
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides support to the financial analysis team in the preparation and delivery the analysis of financial information including more complex financial analysis for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies financial analysis issues/concerns and recommends mitigation solution(s) to management.
What we're looking for:
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 3 - 5+ Years experience in financial analysis that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- Previous experience with financial analysis, preferably both GAAP and Statutory accounting exposure.
- Demonstrates strong communication and interpersonal skills through collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment and maintains an optimistic outlook when faced with challenges.
- Strong project management skills including, critical ability to coordinate, organize, and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Hybrid/Home : Employees will work from home on average more days per week.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View]
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View]