Director, HR Leaves & Accommodations (Remote)
Alternate Locations: Work from Home; US All Regions
Work Arrangement: Work from Home
Relocation assistance:: is not available for this opportunity.
Pay Range: $83,500 - $179,100
Bonus Potential: 15%
Requisition #: 69510
The Role at a Glance
This position provides leadership, direction & functional expertise for the HR Leaves & Accommodation process including research and resolution of complex case escalations, employee, and manager interactions, partnering with Human Resources, vendor coordination and communication. Additionally, this position will contribute to developing strategies and implementing continuous improvement activities that address gaps in the stakeholder experience while having a substantial positive impact on the leave of absence, return from leave of absence, and accommodations processes.
What you’ll be doing:
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future strategies.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent.
- Directs, establishes, and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure departmental results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards for assigned area(s) of responsibility. Ensures that top talent is hired and retained for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops & executes strategic initiatives which have substantial impact on the success of accommodations, leaves administration and claims handling, enhances the customer experience & successfully meets the annual business operating priorities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert for leaves of absence (LOA) and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations, status of employee leaves and accommodations, as well as Lincoln’s policies and guidelines interpretation regarding any type of LOA
- Directs escalations and responds to the needs of and queries from the employee, manager, vendor, and internal and external partners.
- Partners with Employment Law to ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements.
- Works with Employment Law, HR management, and vendors, as needed, to solve complex and time-sensitive issues.
- Creates and implements educational materials and processes for all stakeholders on the types of leave offered to ensure awareness and understanding of the process and employee responsibilities. Provides direct guidance and coaching where appropriate.
- Provides end-to end case management and consultative support to employees and managers throughout the LOA process. Researches and responds to complex escalation requests.
- Provides information and guidance to the employee, manager, payroll, and HR during the leaves and accommodation process, including communicating changes regarding LOA status, return-to-work arrangements and collaborating on reasonable accommodation processes.
- Analyzes essential job functions as compared to medical restrictions, developing recommendations, in partnership with Employment Law and HR, for management regarding reasonable accommodations, and communicating final decision regarding whether to grant or deny.
- Develops and analyzes reports and data received from vendors regarding status of an employee’s leaves and communicates regarding leave-ending return-to-work plans with employees and managers; analyzes and prepares reports as requested by manager.
What we’re looking for:
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (minimum required)
- 7+ years in experience working in Leaves Administrations and Accommodations; return-to-work programs, ADA, extended medical leave programs, short-term disability, long-term disability, and include experience with EEOC compliance. 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience including influencing senior management/critical stakeholders experience (required)
- HR Systems knowledge and experience. Experience with SAP/SuccessFactors and ServiceNow (preferred)
- Human Resources or training certification preferred (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP/SCP)
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Work from Home : Employees will work from home and are not required to work in a Lincoln office on a regular basis.
Lincoln will evaluate the following when setting the successful candidate's wage rate:
• Prior work or industry experience.
• Education level to the extent education is relevant to the position.
• Unique skills
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.