Analyst, Application Development (Remote)
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Hybrid/Flexible : Work at home and use the office as appropriate for in-person collaboration.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 70896
Our Annuity IT team is expanding and looking to bring on an Analyst, Application Developer onboard to assist with ongoing support of 13+ On Prem JEE Business Processing Automation applications and our strategic move of these applications to AWS Cloud. This position will consult/analyze and deliver on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of application development responsibility. They will also act as a resource and develop more complex innovative business solutions by creating new applications, modifying existing applications and providing postproduction support. They will deliver more complex business application software solutions following the system development life cycle process.
- Collaborate with technical leadership, Annuities business, Enterprise Architecture, Application Development (Build), Maintenance and Support (Run), Managed Service Providers and Infrastructure teams on maintaining, augmenting and re-platforming of our Straight Through Processing platforms (JEE on prem) to the Cloud.
- Analyzes increasingly complex systems specifications of existing programs to determine requirements.
- Analyzes, designs, codes, debugs, integrates and tests increasingly complex software application solutions for systems.
- Champions and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders and management.
- Researches, develops, implements and maintains increasingly complex business application solutions.
- Serves as a resource to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on more complex assignments/projects for their assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Tests increasingly complex program changes thoroughly to ensure accuracy.
- You will be responsible for collaborating with Annuities IT and Enterprise Architecture to implement the platform strategic direction on the design & development of applications systems while demonstrating an understanding of the broad implications & financial impacts of proposed solutions on operational & infrastructure support.
- Identifies potential application solutions by understanding complex business/technical problems and opportunities.
- You will also work with various teams to implement solutions to achieve Business and IT strategies and goals associated with Quarterly Product Releases, Projects, Minor Enhancements and Support initiatives.
- You will also collaborate with other team members to provide quality and timely technical delivery related to application development activities (e.g., solution proposals, architectural decisions, macro and micro designs, build/construction activities) and will partner with the Annuities IT leadership team to deliver quality solutions for the Annuities organization.
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to the architecting and re-architecting of applications in an Event-Driven/Service Oriented/Cloud environment.
- Be on the leading edge of the development of applications as Lincoln moves forward in its Cloud Transformation.
- Interviewing, facilitating meetings, and documenting requirements with the customer; asking the right questions to drive system requirement and solutioning needs. Ensuring technical system requirements are documented, understood, adequately detailed to drive overall solution.
- Analyzing, problem-solving, researching and challenging the norm to drive innovation and drive great technology solutions.
- Networking across teams to design, develop, and deploy the technology and architecture necessary to deliver quality business solutions. Activities include business case development, solution planning, business process modeling, logical system design, system procedures development, and estimating.
- 3+ Years' experience in application development that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Required)
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) Minimum Required in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with applying software design/development practices, tools, and languages on a diverse set of platforms including distributed (e.g., JEE, EJB, Servlets and JMS, JSF, web services (SOAP and Restful), WebSphere, RAD/Eclipse, UDB and Oracle, Hibernate/Spring Boot Technologies/Java Stream, Micro services) platform preferred.
- Proficient in Core Java concepts including Collections, Exception Handling, Generics, multi-threading, data structures, algorithms, application integration, APls, and Event-Driven architecture patterns.
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies.
- Experience with DevOps practices such as Infrastructure as Code, Continuous Integration, and automated deployment pipelines, security scanning and automated functional testing using Gitlab and other tooling.
- Bachelor's degree in business, Computer Science, or related field preferred; however, equivalent professional experience considered
- Working knowledge/applied practice of Straight Through Processing or End to End Automation of business processes.
- Work experience in end-to-end development and migrating the application to Cloud using the Amazon Web Services (AWS) availing various services of AWS like EC2, S3 & Lambda.
Nice to haves:
- AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
- AWS Certified Developer - Associate
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $75,701 - $140,700
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.