Senior Analyst Portfolio Management, Commercial Real Estate Investment Management
Alternate Locations: Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)
Hybrid/Common Days+ : Work 2-3 days a week in a Lincoln office with a designated workspace.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71016
The Role at a Glance:
We are looking to add a Portfolio Management Senior Analyst to the Commercial Mortgage and Real Estate Investments team, which is part of an investment management platform with over $200 billion in assets under management.
In this position, you will provide experienced support as a member of the Portfolio Management team in managing a $16 billion loan portfolio. Primary focus is existing loan underwriting, credit monitoring, and maintaining the integrity and security of the real estate loan portfolio. The ideal candidate is looking to grow his/her responsibilities in commercial real estate underwriting and credit analysis.
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for the oversight of a segment of the mortgage loan portfolio.
- Performs in-depth reviews of property operating statements on an annual basis and identifies trends that could be of concern.
- Makes loan risk rating recommendations to senior team members based on property and loan performance.
- Supports active management of surveillance list.
- Monitors watchlist loans’ performance on a monthly or quarterly basis and presents to senior team members.
- Ensures data integrity at property and loan level for portfolio level analytics and reporting.
- Performs ad hoc, in depth property and loan level reviews and presents findings to senior team members.
- Stays apprised of market related headlines affecting commercial real estate for reporting and analytics.
- Maintains a working level of knowledge on market fundamentals such as rental rates, occupancy, capital market trends, and transaction activity for assigned geographic areas.
- Analyzes underwriting related servicing requests, including but not limited to lease approvals, collateral releases and substitutions, and sale and assumptions, and makes written and verbal approval recommendations to senior team members.
- Participates actively in discussions with others on strategies and actions to limit risk and loss to the portfolio.
- May travel domestically for property inspections, as needed.
- May provide portfolio management support to real estate private equity team.
- Collaborates across department to support overall portfolio growth goals and objectives.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for:
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor’s) – minimum required in Finance, Business Administration, or similar field.
- 1-3+ Years’ experience required in financial analysis and investments that aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position. Prior commercial real estate asset/portfolio management or commercial real estate finance/investment experience preferred.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Introductory knowledge of commercial real estate principles and fundamentals.
- Introductory knowledge of national commercial real estate and mortgage markets and macro-economic trends that affect those markets.
- Ability to understand and evaluate real estate financial statements.
- Team-orientation with a desire to learn and improve.
- Outstanding interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Introductory knowledge and understanding of commercial real estate valuation.
- Introductory knowledge of real estate legal concepts and understanding of loan documents.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI, or similar
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) CoStar, and Rockport.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $57,401 - $107,700
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.