Analyst, Quantitative Derivatives (Hybrid)
Alternate Locations: Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania)
Hybrid/Common Days+ : Work 2-3 days a week in a Lincoln office with a designated workspace.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71078
The Role at a Glance:
An opportunity to join the Hedging Operations and Performance Reporting (HOPE) within Market Risk Management (MRM) that is responsible for the implementation, operations, performance, and analysis within the annuity hedge program. The Analyst will be responsible for test planning, test analysis and design, implementation, and test execution. This Analyst will be involved in implementing models that combine capital market, actuarial and quantitative finance disciplines to produce data and analytics that support hedging, pricing and valuation for the annuity business, serve as a liaison between internal technical and non-technical teams. You will coordinate with development teams to ensure feasibility of system design, estimate requirement efforts and support QA testing, implementation, and production phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
What you'll be doing:
- Develop and create requirements and solutions for system defects, enhancements and new or existing projects.
- Designs test cases and performs validations and UAT various complex features and bug fixes for production systems.
- Determine a formal, documented testing plan to ensure all features are functioning and matches specification.
- Perform and sign-off prescribe testing of complex features in line with release schedule.
- Analyze results and provide meaningful reports to programming and production team.
- Develops and implements improvements to MRM’s risk models, workflows, and systems.
- Manages and interprets database-driven results to support hedging and reporting.
- Use logic and reasoning to identify strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to resolve issues.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the team for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Serves as a resource organizational initiative by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal clients and or management, finds common ground and can gain collaboration among management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
What we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree or 4+ years of comparable work experience; educational concentration in Finance, Information Systems, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, Mathematics, Statistics, Hard Science or Actuarial Science is required
- 3-5 years of increasing experience in Finance, data analytics related roles/projects
- Well versed in a variety of testing tool and programming languages including SQL, Python, R, VBA, or other transferable programming languages to automate manual processes
- Creating SQL queries to pull data from various sources, demonstrate proficiency in accessing database and extracting intelligence from large complex datasets to support business initiatives
- Strong analytical, technical, diagnostic and organization skills, ability to translate data analysis and findings into coherent conclusions and actionable recommendations.
- Knowledge of insurance or financial products including but not limited to fixed annuities, index annuities, variable annuity, actuarial assumptions and supporting admin systems
- Knowledge and experience with Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent communication skill, ability to communicate to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience auditing data, including creating and performing UATs.
- Working knowledge of capital markets instruments, derivatives models and valuation techniques a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, VBA).
- Ability to read C++/C a plus
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and adapt to changing priorities as needed.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced work environment.
- Attention to detail
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $65,700 - $118,300
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a [Register to View] environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on [Register to View] , [Register to View] , [Register to View] , and [Register to View] . Sign up for email alerts at [Register to View]
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at [Register to View] if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling [Register to View] .
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the [Register to View] notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el [Register to View] avisos.