Associate General Counsel
The Commercial Contracts Attorney will support the commercial agreement activity for TEKsystems and its subsidiary TEKsystems Global Services, LLC (“TEKsystems”). The position will report to the General Counsel of TEKsystems, Inc./TEKsystems Global Services, LLC.
This position is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic organization and industry. All candidates must be eager to learn and demonstrate energy and a need for achievement. Candidate will be responsible for supporting the TEKsystems Finance and Business Development teams.
In regard to this support, the ideal candidate will have experience leading or being primarily responsible for leading similar teams. This will include working with the business to: draft, review and negotiate a variety of complex commercial contracts involving information technology solutions, including master services agreements, statements of work, licensing agreements, amendments, channel partner agreements, vendor agreements, RFP responses and supporting documentation; developing and maintaining contract templates; developing business and legal processes; and implementing internal policies to help scale the business.
The ideal candidate will also have knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas: the software industry or other technology-focused industry; and staffing/outsourcing industry particularly information technology staffing and outsourcing agreements. Knowledge and experience with global commercial issues (including data privacy) is a plus.
The successful candidate will have four to six (4-6) years of experience handling a wide variety of complex commercial contract matters and providing practical legal advice and support on business matters in a fast-paced environment. Also, any leadership experience or components of leadership experience the candidate has led is preferred. Experience in and the ability to perform the work in the areas identified below is required:
• Proposals/RFPs – Supporting the Finance and Business Development teams in the formulation of proposals or responses to RFPs for multi-million-dollar, multi-year contracts with Fortune 500 companies to provide solutions, best practice alternatives, and comments for managing risk.
• Contracts – Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and providing legal and strategic counsel and input with respect to the company’s contracts with its commercial partners.
• Contract Management – Supporting the creation and the use of best practices in contract management by developing, recommending, and communicating operating policies and procedural improvements.
• Demonstrated ability drafting and amending contracts with strong problem-solving skills.
• Interface with business personnel (non-lawyers) and clients to assist in preparation and negotiation of contract documents as well as providing guidance and practical solutions.
• Providing superb attention to detail and the ability to ramp-up quickly in new environments and teams.
Adapt to conflicting ad hoc deadlines and priorities and deadline demands by controlling the daily management of multiple simultaneous contract initiation or renewal processes.
• Review of complex and custom contracts to ensure clauses, terms and conditions are compliant with quality, legal, government and other regulation requirements, or mitigate current or future risks.
• Lead any audits of the contract review processes.
• Provide advice and guidance on corporate governance and corporate risk management issues.
• Train business personnel on contract provisions and form agreements, terms and conditions, intellectual property, indemnifications, etc.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
• Law degree from an accredited law school is required. Maryland Bar license is preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience practicing law in a creative and fast-paced environment
• Build relationships
• Develop people
• Lead change
• Inspire Others
• Think critically
• Communicate clearly
• Create accountability