Associate General Counsel, Compliance Programs – Risks & Controls
Meta is looking for an Associate General Counsel to join its Compliance Programs Office within the Legal department. The team's mission is to build and manage compliance programs that drive proactive risk mitigation at scale and foster a culture of ethics and compliance.This is a unique opportunity to join a growing legal team and to work on novel legal, policy and regulatory issues at the forefront of technology in an exciting, fast-paced environment.The ideal candidate will have proven risk management expertise through an understanding and assessing risks across different business areas and legal disciplines and be a self-starter who is skilled at building rapport and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders. You should be passionate about Meta’s products and services and the people and communities we serve.
Associate General Counsel, Compliance Programs – Risks & Controls Responsibilities:
- Provide legal and compliance program advice on the development, improvement, and maintenance of risk management programs including controls and associated processes, policies, and documents across risk areas.
- Support and advise cross-functional partners who deliver run state risk management programs, including via risk management forum leadership.
- Drive compliance program remediations and improvements identified as a result of internal and external program assessments, investigations, the issue management programs and audits.
- Collaborate with Legal Risk Management, Finance and others to develop data-driven strategies across risk areas and deliver trend analyses and insights that improve the compliance program and internal controls.
- Undertake special projects and support other compliance program initiatives, as needed.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 8+ years of experience counseling compliance programs, with 2+ years in a compliance-related practice in-house.
- Experience providing programmatic legal and compliance guidance across a variety of legal issues and risk areas (e.g., privacy, anti-corruption, political activities, trade) to business stakeholders.
- Experience advising on, designing, implementing, or assessing processes and controls intended to facilitate regulatory compliance and achieve an effective compliance program.
- Adept at delivering practical advice under pressure and prioritizing work.
- Interpersonal experience and experience collaborating with teams to solve problems.
- In-house experience at internet or technology companies.
- Experience advising enterprise risk management functions.
- Experience and comfort working with data, including to measure program performance and effectiveness, inform priorities and deliver insights to stakeholders.
- Experience working with or in support of diverse communities.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $227,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]