Training Specialist for Molecular Microbiology
Are you an experienced laboratory technologist professional? Do you enjoy the ability to train and teach others in a laboratory setting? LabCorp is currently seeking a Training Specialist to join their Molecular Microbiology team, located in Burlington, NC!
The Molecular Microbiology department at the Center for Esoteric Testing offers testing for infectious diseases using molecular methods. Assays performed in the Molecular Microbiology area include Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid.
In this position, the Training Specialist will perform training of newly hired or current employees, provide re-training on company topics such as policies, procedures, and programs as needs dictate, and conduct group and/or individual training for purposes of work performance enhancement and general education. This position will also serve as a procedural and compliance resource for employees in assigned areas.
The working schedule or this position will be: 1st shift, Tuesday-Saturday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Develops and maintains a training program that meets the technical needs of the department
- Schedules and performs training of new or current staff
- Performs competency assessments of new or current staff
- Completed appropriate training and competency documentation as required
- Meets company attendance policy
- Ensures a professional work environment is maintained
- Acts in a professional manner to colleagues; pleasant, shares information relevant to work, no gossiping or disparaging remarks
- Cooperates fully and completely with all efforts to implement and enforce LabCorp's Corporate Integrity Program
- Sets a personal example of high ethical standards in performing his/her assigned duties
- Exhibits awareness of, and adheres to LabCorp's Compliance policies, which apply specifically to his/her assigned duties
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other life science.
- At least 2-3 years of experience within a clinical laboratory in a Technologist role.
- Direct LDT PCR experience
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment
- Willingness to work with infectious samples including Monkey pox and COVID samples.
- Requires experience in Nucleic Acid Amplification/ Molecular techniques: Extraction, Amplification, Automation and Manual methods.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .