R&D Strategic Innovation Assistant Manager
Job Title: R&D Strategic Innovation Assistant Manager
Location: Leeds factory
Unilever is a global consumer goods company that manages iconic brands such as Sure/Rexona, Lynx/Axe, and Dove. Our Deodorants Category is an exciting place to work as we continuously innovate to benefit both our consumers and the planet.
We are seeking a motivated and skilled individual to join our Deodorant R&D Strategic Innovation Team. As an assistant manager, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our future product portfolio and roadmap to meet the evolving needs of our brands, consumers, and the planet. This could involve identifying opportunities to develop new products or innovative technologies, to enhance product performance, and to drive sustainability initiatives. Additionally, you could be activating our existing products and technologies through engaging storytelling, such as demos and digital content.
The position is based within the Deodorant Category Design Centre, Leeds UK.
- Lead and support initiatives to define the future portfolio and drive innovation activities.
- Analyze the product portfolio to identify opportunities for product improvement.
- Lead and support activation activities to showcase our products and technologies through compelling demos, activations, and expertise/authority programs.
- Collaborate with regional business units and marketing teams to align on future portfolio plans, activities, and activations.
ALL ABOUT YOU
- Strong passion for identifying unmet consumer needs.
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative ideas & concepts to meet these needs.
- Proven project management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex scientific concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proficiency in data analysis & visualisation.
- Excellent relationship-building skills with the ability to collaborate across global teams and external partners.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a strong drive to deliver growth.
- Strong scientific background and training.
- Demonstrated experience working with and managing projects across cross-functional teams, both internally and externally.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas and concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficiency in data analysis, interpretation, and visualization.
- Knowledge of deodorant or cosmetic formulation and packaging science gained in the FMCG industry is advantageous.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home and Personal Care products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Dove, Tresemme, Lynx, Lifebuoy, Shea Moisture, Persil, Domestos, Ben & Jerry’s, Magnum, Marmite, The Vegetarian Butcher, Graze and Pot Noodle.
Faced with the challenge of climate change and the need for human development, we want to move towards a world where everyone can live well and within the natural limits of the planet. That’s why our purpose is ‘to make sustainable living commonplace’
What We Offer
Not only do we offer a competitive salary and pension scheme, we also offer an annual bonus, subsidised gym membership, a discounted staff shop and shares. You’ll have the opportunity to work directly with our renowned and exciting brands in a flexible and hybrid working environment.
Whilst the role is advertised on a full-time basis, we would be happy to discuss possible flexible working options and what this may look like for you. We are a key advocate of wellbeing and offer a variety of support for our people including hubs, programmes and development opportunities. We strive to achieve a family-friendly and inclusive workplace and to, above all, create possibilities for all.
Diversity at Unilever is about inclusion, embracing differences, creating possibilities and growing together for better business performance. We embrace diversity in our workforce. This means giving full and fair consideration to all applicants and continuing development of all employees regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, and pregnancy and maternity. We are also more than happy to provide reasonable adjustments during our application and interview process to enable you to be present your best self. To find out more, including about our Employee Resource Groups, please click here [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Unilever | Unileveropens in a new window.
Cyber criminals advertise fake job adverts with prestigious employers as a way of stealing information or even defrauding individuals out of money. In the most sophisticated cases, they will set up fake websites, which have a similar address to companies like Unilever. They even conduct fake telephone interviews and then offer candidates a role with the proviso they pay a fee for background checks or to cover work visa costs. These types of attacks are becoming more common as more people are looking for employment in the economic climate.
How is Unilever tackling this?
Many of Unilever’s recruitment sites publish a warning to candidates about recruitment fraud. The Cyber Security team also proactively scan for signs of people setting up fake Unilever sites and act to close them down.
What can I do?
If you become aware of potential recruitment fraud, spot fake Unilever recruitment adverts or fake LinkedIn profiles, report them via Una Live Chat.
Unilever does not accept responsibility or liability for any candidates who are financially impacted by recruitment fraud. Your vigilance is key!