Legal Sr. Onsite Service Specialist
Come Create at Ricoh
If you are seeking a team driven by passion and purpose, come create with us at Ricoh. We are a team of information seekers and customer-obsessed collaborators who aspire to deliver the services, solutions, and technologies that empower business success. We are looking for talented, inspired individuals to join us to help drive high-performance team and our commitment to excellence.
Ricoh is an integrated solutions provider and partner that connects people and technology, creates outstanding customer experiences, and delivers innovation for businesses worldwide. We empower digital workplaces by enabling individuals to work smarter from any location and harness the power of information—how it is collected, stored, managed, and shared—to unlock the potential in every organization. We deliver services and technologies that inspire our customers’ success and guide them toward a better and more sustainable future. If you are seeking a purpose-driven and passionate team, come create with us, and help drive our high-performance culture of excellence into tomorrow.
Invest in yourself
At Ricoh, you can:
- Choose from a broad selection of medical, dental, life, and disability insurance options.
- Contribute to your financial security with Retirement Savings Plan (401K), Health Savings Account (HSA), and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) investments.
- Augment your education with team member tuition assistance programs.
- Enjoy paid vacation time and paid holidays annually.
- Tap into many other benefits to enhance your health, wellness, and ongoing personal and professional development.
Provides direct hands on support within a legal office environment setting. Performs various office support tasks which may include one or more of the following areas of responsibility: copy, production, and scanning, fax, mail and shipping, records support, direct floor support, hospitality assistance, conference room set up and scheduling, receptionist backup, and light facilities support. A Senior Legal Onsite Service Specialist must possess a high level of presentation skills, interpersonal etiquette, and customer service skills to communicate with senior level attorneys, partners, clients, opposing counsel, vendors, staff, and others. This position reports directly to a Site Manager, Site Supervisor, or an Assistant Site Manager.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- LEGAL ENVIRONMENT JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Possess the legal background to understand client matter work flow, such as:
- Charge back to firm and/or clients for work, supplies, hours, etc.
- Familiar with legal technologies and software such as document management systems as well as cost recovery and charge back systems (examples: Copitrak/Equitrac, etc.).
- Familiar with legal records management processes.
- Familiar with processes and documents such as: closing binders, depositions, transcripts, briefs, addendums, filings, discovery, judgments, knowledge of court systems, and the proper delivery of items and documents within the court system.
- Assists with scheduling needed equipment, labor, and supplies for offsite trial(s).
- OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for interacting and providing professional level support to executive level end users at various levels, including: legal assistants, firm administration, project managers, paralegals, associates, and partners.
- Work to accurately produce jobs and projects according to required deadlines. Job and project deadlines may be short and require composure and professionalism.
- Runs all copier equipment including high volume copy machines, fax services, postage meter, and personal computer.
- Performs tasks and utilizes equipment such as: paper cutter, hole driller, bindery equipment, jogger, tape machine, stackers, and electric stapler.
- Handles time sensitive documents that are confidential in nature.
- Works to provide quality and accurate reproduction, scanning, or project work.
- Responds to customer inquiries including the necessary coordination and calculation of time required to complete the requested task.
- Provide imbedded support to specific floors or integrated practice groups.
- Assist with coordinating projects that will be completed off site.
- Maintains logs for billing and assists in calculating charges for work or jobs performed.
- Maintains logs and work records to be utilized for tracking, management reports, inventory, and ordering of supplies.
- Distributes incoming mail and packages to designated drop points as well as office supplies and fax transmissions.
- Delivers completed reproduction work to pre-determined delivery areas. This may include delivery areas outside of the customers office location.
- Deliveries and pickups may require travel between offices or another office location.
- Performs duties related to the shipping and receiving of materials and packages.
- Performs filing duties in conjunction with specific customer requests, which may include 'purging' and archiving old documents.
- Performs duties of scanning, file conversion, file naming, and encryption.
- Performs FTP (File Transfer Protocol) between computers and files for printing.
- Manage TOC (Table of Contents) -- first page of electronic file.
- Perform duties that involve OCR (Optical Character Recognition) files to assist with key word search.
- Performs file formatting for printing in programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Performs daily quality checks on convenience copiers to ensure proper functionality.
- Responds to errors or troubled copy machines. Also works to clear paper jams.
- Maintains daily meter and service logs.
- Stocks and organizes convenience copier areas.
- Straightens, organizes, and manages firm conference and meeting rooms.
- Assists facilities with box moves, office moves, and occupant moves.
- Assists facilities with light maintenance duties.
- May perform occasional cleaning duties.
- May require periodic overtime on nights and weekends, including off-hour emergency response.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires high school diploma or GED and 1-2 years of related work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in legal industry is preferred.
- Ability to provide an excellent customer experience, utilizing strong customer service, personal and communication skills.
- May require a violation free, valid driver's license and minimum levels of auto insurance coverage per RICOH Policy.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.Click Here to view Ricoh USA Benefits