Associate Food Scientist, UFS R&D-CTI & Future Portfolio
Associate Food Scientist, UFS R&D-CTI & Future Portfolio
Background & Purpose of the Job
Unilever Food Solutions is an inspiring global company made up of talented, entrepreneurial professionals working closely with chefs and distributive partners daily. It is the dedicated foodservice business of Unilever, that leads the industry in providing innovative and high-quality professional food ingredients and value adding services created by 300 professional chefs. Covering 50 cuisines, in 200 million dishes a day.
A role in UFS is an unique experience that will allow you to rapidly develop and will add value to your career. You will be part of a dynamic and flexible team where people are empowered to take ownership and responsibility to deliver results. As an organization we provide:
- The opportunity to work in a highly professional and entrepreneurial environment
- Win via great marketing and a unique business to business customer development model
- A strong culture with passion for food and chefmanship and for living our brand promise to bring inspiration every day to our customers, operators and chefs.
As a member of the UFS CTI & Future Portfolio team you will be responsible for supporting the team in all CTI activities to guarantee the superiority of our products versus competition. You will also scope all Future Portfolio Projects and will be able to develop relevant products for menus to local guests, whether that’s meeting the need for healthy, delicious, guilt free dining experiences, localizing a global offering, or bringing the world’s most exciting cuisines to our North America market.
- Lead/ support CTI activities as Top10/ Internal & External Benchmark/ Operators Test
- Lead/support technical development (recipe, specifications) for Scratch Cooking portfolio.
- Support R&D initiatives of innovation, quality, nutrition, cost savings, complexity reduction and sustainability by design.
- Works as a leader as well as a member of a cross functional project team to deliver projects on time and in full.
- Works and interacts with culinary and supply chain teams supporting business need.
Working in UFS is one of the few opportunities to work in a small, entrepreneurial company within a larger framework of Unilever. It is a unique opportunity to work across many areas of the marketing agenda and make a direct impact to the global business. To learn more, visit [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">[Register to View] opens in a new window
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
- Support scoping of new projects/ products/ technologies
- Support the execution of Top10 Plan, including internal & external benchmarks and operator´s test.
- Support technical delivery of projects through design and execution of test protocols and implementation of the various technical aspects of projects as required e.g. formulation development, prototypes, conducting shelf life testing, and analytical testing. Ability to support design products against technical briefs, safety requirements, design/execute pilot tests/trials.
- Lead the process of specification and label creation in SAP PLM and PIT from the request to the approved status
- Basic technical knowledge of ingredients, formulation, process, and product design principles.
- Organize and participate in plant trials while providing formulation adjustment recommendations as needed to support innovation, quality, cost savings and complexity reduction initiatives.
- Support quality investigations using root cause analysis and problem-solving techniques as required for existing and new products.
- Support cost savings (VIP) initiatives and supply chain efficiency projects including assessment of feasibility of new ideas and troubleshooting activities where product formulation knowledge is essential.
- Present information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Support delivery of product claims (KBS, Demos), risk management, ensuring compliance with legal and regulatory
- Perform product and ingredient physical-chemical analyses according to needs & use of available digital tools & predictive models
- Analyze and interpret data with guidance on final conclusions.
- Independent execution of tasks and projects of minimum complexity.
- Develop strong relationships and communicate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Adapt to daily challenges and priority changes within a face paced business environment.
You’re a born leader: Pro-active self-direction with a high level of initiative and persistence and a very much hands-on approach to results delivery
You’re a dot connector: Ability to manage relationships and solve problems
You love to win, and have fun doing it: Passion for product development and extremely customer/consumer focus
You’re a changemaker: Ability to identify and address emerging issues as well as set and manage priorities and continuously improve processes and practices
You’re a culture & change champion: Comfort with multi-tasking and operating in a fast paced, multi-faceted, and multi-cultural environment
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Bachelors Degree required (Food Science, Food Engineering, or related discipline strongly preferred) with 1-2 years of relevant R&D experience. A combination of work/internship experience will be considered.
- Possess basic technical knowledge of ingredient functionality, processing, nutrition, and legislation in foods.
- Ability to self-initiate and manage multiple project tasks independently to meet business objectives and to support the individuals of the workgroup
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to think critically & analytically
- Outstanding time management, team working and communication skills
- Ability to analyze and communicate implications of experimental results
- Strong commitment to working safely and maintaining a safe work environment
- Ability to execute laboratory bench work and pilot-plant scale-ups
- Must be well-organized, capture work details and learning and highlight any unexpected learning
- Must possess ability to work successful in cross-functional teams
- Specification experience
- Strong digital background in MS Office
In order to apply for this job opportunity, you must:
- Meet the listed qualifications of the role
- Ensure that you inform your manager if you are selected for an interview from this internal posting
- Upload an updated resume
If you are selected for an interview, you can expect
- To be notified by the hiring manager
- To be provided feedback by the hiring manager once the final candidate has accepted the role
Work Level 1A: Pay: The pay range for this position is $53,200 to $79,700. Unilever takes into consideration a wide range of factors that are utilized in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure and certifications, qualifications and education, and other business and organizational needs. Bonus: This position is bonus eligible. Long-Term Incentive (LTI): This position is LTI eligible. Benefits: Unilever employees are eligible to participate in our benefits plan. Should the employee choose to participate, they can choose from a range of benefits to include, but is not limited to, health insurance (including prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage), retirement savings benefits, life insurance and disability benefits, parental leave, sick leave, paid vacation and holidays, as well as access to numerous voluntary benefits. Any coverages for health insurance and retirement benefits will be in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans and associated governing plan documents.
What We Can Offer You
[Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Culture for Growthopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Top Notch Employee Health & Well Being Benefitsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Every Voice Mattersopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Global Reachopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Life at Unileveropens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Careers with Purposeopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">World Class Career Development Programsopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Check Out Our Spaceopens in a new window | [Register to View] target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Focus On Sustainabilityopens in a new window
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. For more information, please see[Register to View]
target="_blank" rel="noreferrer">Equal Employment Opportunity Postersopens in a new window
Employment is subject to verification of pre-screening tests, which may include drug screening, background check, credit check and DMV check.
If you are an individual with a disability in need of assistance at any time during our recruitment process, please contact us at [Register to View] target="_blank" [Register to View] >opens in a new window. Please note: This email is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry about positions or application statuses.