Automation Field Service Engineer (Pinehurst, NC)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.PLEASE NOTE: This is not an active open requisition. We are building a candidate slate for a future opening.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
- Qualified candidates must currently live in the Pinehurst, NC area.
- Relocation assistance is not authorized for this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Automation Support Professional is the primary automation account contact covering both technical support and customer experience. The position provides on-going proactive product support for assigned accounts. The customer experience aspect of this role will focus on increasing customer loyalty; securing retention; and driving value expansion at assigned accounts.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Provides technical Level I and Level II phone and on-site support to proactively maintain product performance or resolve customer complaints for hardware; software; and reagent issues.
- Level I support is defined to a specific set of error codes that could be repaired in less than1.5 hrs.
- Level II support is defined as any error code excluding Level I that would be resolved in more than 1.5 hrs.
- Performs proactive service support activities to maintain system performance.
- Applies standard troubleshooting tools or concepts to identify the real issue and its root cause.
- Determines level of urgency of service support requests; develops recommendations and implement solutions that reflect customer and Abbott business need.
- Record accurate and timely documentation of customer complaints and the action taken to resolve the concern.
- Plan and prioritize customer visits and activities to do in each account.
- Prepare, schedule, and execute training events with customers to improve customer self-sufficiency by developing the customer’s ability to troubleshoot/repair analyzers and increase knowledge of component replacement and assays.
- Coordinate order delivery and billing of products and/or services in assigned accounts.
- Monitor inventory and replenish accordingly.
- Responsible for Service Contract Sales at assigned accounts.
- Partner with Enterprise Account Manager and/or Sales Executive to develop account-specific lab strategy and execution throughout commercial cycle and participate in customer business reviews.
- Understand competitive landscape of assigned accounts or territory and leverage it to maximize business opportunities.
- Develop/preserve strong relationships to gain meaningful insights that will allow for value expansion opportunities.
- Responsible for achieving revenue generation goals in assigned accounts.
- Accountable for customer satisfaction; loyalty and value expansion revenue in assigned accounts.
- Makes decision on parts utilization within pre-approved budget range for the role. Parts utilization decisions outside of pre-approved budget range require management approval. Accountable for on-hand trunk inventory accuracy.
- Critical contribution to the effectiveness of the CAPA system with responsibility for accurate documentation of customer complaints and the actions taken to resolve those concerns
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum Experience / Training Required
- 2 years of relevant experience with instrumentation utilized in a laboratory environment
- 2 years of experience interfacing with customers.
- Travel 20%
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on LinkedIn at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter [Register to View] [Register to View]