Senior Product Marketer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
About Abbott Core Diagnostics:
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health.
Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Forest, IL currently has an opportunity for a Senior Product Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Senior product manager supports the development and management of products (assays, instruments, informatics, etc) within their purview and operates more autonomously than Product managers and lower to achieve organizational goals.
- For assigned product line, the Senior Product Manager develops and communicates key messages, product positioning and branding
- Develops marketing tools and marketing activities in support of the product
- Product champion and main conduit for all product-related communications
- Drives and coordinates development of marketing tools and activities (e.g. brochures, training manuals, slide decks, internet/intranet sites and other e-media, branding guidelines, congress stand designs, satellite symposia, posters, stand alone meetings) and branding development/evolution process, printing and distribution of publications supporting the product key messages
- Drives activities related to launching/promoting new and existing products
- Develops marketing deliverables for product commercialization, including comprehensive plans for specific product launches
- Continuously monitor customer requirements and drive product line performance and required specification and quality improvement initiatives
- Provides high level support and guidance to sales on product issues
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of the market for product area
- Initiates appropriate market research; monitors competitor activity and recommends and develops action to address them
- Creates and fosters a strong team spirit and takes on the role of ‘product champion’
- Cultivates and develops Key Opinion Leaders, product advocates, speakers
- Prepares, implements and monitors international marketing budget
- Drives business inputs for product updates, enhancements and quality issues
- Other duties as assigned by management
The Senior Product Manager will report to the Area Marketing Manager and will have primary marketing and budget responsibility for designated products.
In this core Marketing role, the SPM will drive and be held accountable to deliver Sales, Margin, and Performance Excellence goals for designated products.
The Senior Product Manager will be expected to be responsive and able to directly address questions and requests of senior management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Education: B.S., Marketing, Business or Science. MBA preferred.
· Strong clinical chemistry experience is highly preferred.
- Experience in developing the market for assays is highly preferred.
· Job requires substantial financial skills, market analysis and advanced communication skills.
· Knowledge/ability to develop and execute a "new" product launch.
· Requires strong analytical skills as well as written and oral communication skills.
· Must be able to understand technical and scientific information.
· Must be willing to understand and comply with Regulatory requirements.
· Must be able to influence and motivate individuals from sales, marketing, and other functional areas to drive product sales.
· Must be able to complete multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]