Clinical Technologist- 1st Shift | Medical Drug Monitoring LCMS Instrument/Data Analysis
MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Clinical Medical Monitoring LCMS / Data Review Technologist Trainee or Technologist.
The Clinical Medical Monitoring LCMS / Data Review Technologist Trainee or Technologist receives on-the-job training for the analytical data analysis of extracted patient samples in the Clinical ToxAssure Laboratory. This laboratory has high daily volume and is highly fast-paced, performing high complexity testing for pain management in urine samples. This test contains 180+ analytes in one assay, techs are also responsible for the instrumentation / data analysis of four separate ancillary LCMS/MS confirmation methods outside of this panel as well. This Bench uses 30+ LC-MS/MS instrument platforms utilizing Ascent cloud based processing.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday , 7am -3:30pm
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in chemical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
- Previous experience is not required at Technologist Trainee level
- Minimum 1 year of Laboratory experience is required for Technologist level
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent research and problem resolution skills
- Work effectively in a fast paced production environment to meet established turn-around-times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently within a team under general supervision
- Some overtime required depending on departmental needs
The following duties reflect key responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned.
- Work with LC-MS/MS instrumentation utilizing a cloud based processing platform, Ascent.
- Receive extracted specimens for testing; evaluate batches and test orders; determine priority of work for these batches in order to maintain acceptable turn-around-time
- This position requires large amounts of daily electronic data analysis, done on computer stations outside of the laboratory
- Recognize unacceptable and unusual specimen(s) within a batch or within a set of Hamilton Deck Mates (4 batches) and handle appropriately
- Adhere to SOP while performing data analysis on patient and proficiency samples as well as calibration, quality control and blank samples
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret results to produce a final report
- Follow quality control rules; monitor controls / calibration for error detection within batch along with trends within QC sets of an assay and take appropriate corrective action as needed
- Maintain, calibrate and clean instrumentation / work area; perform scheduled/routine maintenance and critical function checks; recognize significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated
- Maintain accurate records and documentation for all laboratory tests and equipment including, but not limited to, instrument logs, maintenance logs, disinfection logs and assay SOPs
- Follows a proactive approach to assay performance and instrument performance to prevent downtime and delay of reporting results to clients and patients
- Evaluate, use and/or prepare laboratory reagents, standards and quality controls according to established department standard operating procedures and established timeframes
- Use Good Documentation Practiced (GDP) in all documentation
- Deliver accurate high quality patient care while maintaining efficiency
- Participate in the instruction and training of others; demonstrate and/or explain the testing process to others or observe the testing process as performed by others
Regular, full-time or part-time employee working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time Off (PLB) or Flexible Time Off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.