Process Engineer, Facilities
Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Facilities Engineer is primarily responsible for the oversight and support of critical and non-critical equipment and systems in the facility. This successful candidate will be responsible for making crucial decisions based on knowledge of manufacturing and facility equipment and systems.
II. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Provide technical support to other Facility Services teams, Engineering projects, and other departments as required.
• Assist with the troubleshooting and repairs of steam, water, and utility distribution equipment and systems.
• Responsible for the design, replacement, and installation of all site-wide equipment to maintain a quality Class A environment in cGMP facilities at the site.
• Responsible for ensuring all Preventative Maintenance Task Lists are technically accurate and provide an appropriate level of detail to the Facilities/Maintenance Technician(s) with appropriate authoring/revision of Facility Department SOPs.
• Lead site improvement and capital projects focused on facilities, utilities and process support equipment.
• Responsible for financial reporting of Facility Department related projects.
• Responsible for authoring investigation and excursion reports as well as processing CAPA’s, Deviations, Effectiveness Checks and Change Controls.
• Ensure all work is properly documented according to policies, procedures and Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
• Become proficient in SAP functions for Work Orders, Purchase Orders, Service Receipts, Maintenance Task Lists as well as all other required functions in SAP.
• Evaluate system failures.
• Proactively seek ways to increase equipment reliability and operational efficiency.
• Oversee contracted maintenance service providers and contractors while they are on-site performing project work, maintenance, and/or repairs and projects on buildings, systems and equipment
• This position requires vaccination against different viruses including Vaccinia virus and Japanese Encephalitis virus.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature of work performed by those in this job and are not an exhaustive list of all duties. Nothing in this job description restricts managements right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time which reflects management’s assignment of essential functions.
III. MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
o Minimum of 5+ years of Facility Engineering experience required.
o Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline; mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering.
o Strong Project Management
o Excellent organization and communication skills.
o Must have the ability to multi-task and coordinate workload by priority.
o Must be customer service and quality driven.
o Strong analytical skills, particularly with respect to identifying and implementing technical solutions to process, utility and facility equipment / systems.
o Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel.
o Must comply with all applicable rules and regulations of Emergent and the Pharmaceutical / Biotech industry. This includes FDA regulations such as cGMP, GDP, EH&S regulations and company regulations such as the employee handbook.
o Experience and knowledge of Critical Utilities and Pharmaceutical processing equipment.
o Prior cGMP building infrastructure and experience.
o Proficiency with SAP.
o Strong Project Management Skills.
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View]
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.