Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. Under the Group’s 2025 Vision to become a “Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology,” Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
This role is an integral member of the Internal Audit team and is primarily responsible for providing, under direct delegation from the leader of Internal Audit, third line assurance by identifying risks within the business and helping to identify control improvements. This role will assist with the execution of Financial, Operational, Compliance and Process audits for Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. ("DSI") and American Regent, Inc. ("ARI"). This includes engaging with the stakeholders to understand their business, identify & document processes and key controls and assist in the development of audit procedures, audit recommendations, audit reports and analysis to achieve audit/compliance objectives and goals.
- Audit Plan Support
Assist with the execution of the annual audit plan as directed by the leader of Internal Audit which consists of:
- executing of Financial, Operational, Compliance and Process audits with a focus on value-added recommendations that improve business effectiveness and the control environment and includes timely completion of workpapers and audit report findings.
- assisting in the completion of all regulatory compliance activities such as JSOX testing (Japan’s equivalent to US Sarbanes Oxley Act or SOX) for both DSI and ARI
- assisting in the development of materials for presentations at various senior level committee meetings (FOC, CECC, BOD). - supporting the global Audit functions though various meetings and best practice sharing channels.
- Risk Assessment Process Support
Assist with the execution of the Risk Assessment process as directed by the leader Internal Audit which includes:
- assisting with the evaluation and identification of various types of risks across the DSI and ARI organizations.
- assisting with the development of audit plans that will mitigate risks and help build upon DSI’s and ARI’s culture of compliance.
- Business Collaboration and Partnership
Collaborate with the audited areas of management to develop a corrective action plan of potential risks and/or gaps identified. In addition, monitor the status of the corrective action plans to ensure that management has implemented an appropriate plan within the established time frame.
- Participate in Company-wide activities as well as Special Projects to improve or develop efficient and effective business processes as assigned by the leader of Internal Audit.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- Bachelor's Degree preferably with a focus in internal controls, fraud prevention, etc. required
- 1 or More Years audit experience.
Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) testing experience
Proficient in MS Office Suite of programs.
Experience with SAP
Experience in the Pharmaceutical industry
Travel Ability to travel up to 5% Travel may be required
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.