Anaplan Data Hub Engineer
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You’ve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you’ve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission—to serve patients—drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world’s leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Anaplan Data Hub Engineer
What you will do
Let’s do this. Let’s change the world. In this vital role you will work with the Global Anaplan Platform Owner, and with the global business and IS partners on Anaplan datahub requests.
- Extracts data from various databases; perform exploratory data analysis, cleanses, massages, and aggregates data.
- Employs scaling & automation to data preparation techniques - Introduces incremental improvements to data analysis, visualization, and presentation techniques to communicate discoveries.
- Derive features based on the data exploration and analysis.
- Researches meaningful emerging empirical methods and quantitative tools
- Possesses in-depth business knowledge to initiate and drive discussions with business partners to identify business issues needing analytic solutions
- Provide technical recommendations to project teams or work space admins.
- Leads creative packaging and presentation of insights to customers and Anaplan team
- Develops processes to automate and scale insights operationalization
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek possesses these qualifications.
Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate’s degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Experience in Life Sciences
- Cloud solution implementation experience with GCP.
- Hands-on experience with SQL
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, R
- Proven experience in a cloud-based -computing environment.
- Experience managing numerous projects and request at a time
- Proven experience translating complex issues into simplified manageable steps or Work.
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, we also work to care for our teammates’ professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan—comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits—with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.[Register to View]
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States, Puerto Rico and Canada to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.