Retail Management Intern - Philadelphia, PA
Experience first hand what it is like to manage and be part of a store team while gaining a basic overview of store, district, and region operations
Learn about specific aspects of retail management including customer service leadership; policy implementation; sales and inventory management; employee staffing, training and development; sales building and merchandising; and financial management
Participate in designated workshop and travel days centered around topics such as leadership, pharmacy operations, loss prevention, district manager responsibilities, and human resources that will allow you to interact and network with many members of field management
Develop and present your own personal comprehensive project that is tied to real world business activities and initiatives at CVS
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Candidates must be enrolled as a full time or part time undergraduate student in a college or university. Students must be of Junior or Senior standing status in a Business, Retail, or Pharmacy program. Candidates who have 2 year community college equivalent credit hours in business or liberal arts curriculum plus 2-5 years previous retail experience will also be considered.
• Candidates must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
• Candidates should possess leadership qualities and skills and be excited about a potential career in management and retail. *Pharmacy students must be interested in pursuing a pharmacy business career. Clinical pharmacy requirements will not be met during this program.
• Candidates must be available to work 40 hours per week for the duration of the program on a flexible schedule including a mix of days, nights, and weekends.
• Candidates must pass a background check and drug test prior to hiring and being officially accepted into the program.
• Candidates should be U.S. citizens or Permanent Residents able to work in the United States with no restrictions.
3rd Year College student plus 2-5 years or equivalent retail experience in a fast paced environment
Students must be of Junior or Senior standing status in a Business, Retail, or Pharmacy program. Candidates who have 2 year community college equivalent credit hours in business or liberal arts curriculum
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.