Confirmations Lab Technician II
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of Confirmations Lab Technician II is within our Toxicology Division located in Santa Rosa, CA . This role will process GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS data following instrumental analysis for drugs of abuse.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 8:00 PM to 4:30 AM
- Read, understand, and follow written Standard Operating Procedures
- Correctly identify analyzed samples and verify accuracy of sequence for each batch
- Process acquired instrument data and generate appropriate reports
- Conduct a first review of GC/MS and/or LC/MS/MS analytical data in accordance with each assay SOP
- Transcribe or upload results to the LIS for final review and certification
- Maintain proper and adequate Chain of Custody batch documentation
- Communication with supervisors and prompt escalation of emerging challenges
- Maintain and promote a safe healthful environment for self and co-workers
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS | EDUCATION:
- A Bachelor's degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry or related field
- At least one year experience working in an analytical lab.
- The ability to work safely with biological specimens, chemicals, equipment, and instruments.
- Experience working with biological specimens and/or analytical instruments (LC/MS/MS and/or GC/MS)
An equal opportunity employer, Abbott welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. To request an accommodation, please send an email to [Register to View] [Register to View]