Project Manager - SAP Programs
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Waukegan, IL. currently has an opportunity for a Project Manager, SAP Programs. This person will develop, execute, manage, and coordinate inter-related IT project activities globally within the constraints of human and financial resources and changing priorities to ensure the successful completion of projects. Projects may be targeted to meeting US-based or international affiliate business needs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Initiate and Plan IT Projects
- Work with business and IT management to establish and gain consensus on project goals, objectives and deliverables
- Develop project plans and ensure qualified resources are staffed to effectively deliver projects of varying sizes. Work directly with Abbott’s strategic delivery partners to ensure tactical and long-term staffing needs are met.
- Manage the delivery of strategic ERP programs with responsibility for Quality, Costs, Delivery and Risk Management
- Develop and execute work plans obtaining authorized resources to ensure all project activities are performed.
- Adhere to Abbott’s formal SLC process.
- Establish or leverage frameworks to track milestones and communicate progress.
- Communicate project progress by producing project reports to provide timely and accurate project status and decision support information to Executive Management, IT Senior Management, the business sponsors, and the project team.
- Actively assess risks throughout all project phases and ensure mitigation at appropriate level of governance
- Assess the degree to which changes to scope, issues and risks will affect projects, working with department and division management and sponsor to gain agreement for resolution
- Measure project financials to ensure project is progressing as compared to the original plan and budget
- Where appropriate, apply Agile best practices and work to ensure adoption by project team members
Resource and Team Management
- Coordinate project resources to ensure program and business needs are addressed through proactive priority management with business leaders. Resource may include internal and external partners.
- Inform, coordinate, and motivate cross-functional/cross-divisional project teams in pursuit of program objectives
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, business administration or another relevant discipline
- 5+ years experience in IT Project Management
- Experience in project management of large matrix teams responsible for scope, schedule, quality, resource management, and stakeholder management
- Experience in facilitating resolution of cross-team integrated topics
Experience working in an FDA-regulated business (e.g. validated software related to medical, pharmaceutical, or life sciences products)
Experience managing within large SAP implementations strongly preferred
Experience with primary PM toolset (MS Project, sharepoint, excel, Jira, AQC)
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.