The Center for Esoteric Testing Division, part of the LabCorp Specialty Testing Group, has an exciting opportunity for a Scientist. This position will be part of the Research and Development (R&D) team that develops, validates, and implements testing procedures for the Molecular Microbiology, Molecular Infectious Disease & Virology, Routine and Esoteric Microbiology, and Specialty Infectious Disease laboratories.
- Conducts research on R&D projects with limited oversight through the development process and transfer optimized and developed products to the Operations laboratories.
- Constructs and follows project plans, recognizes and interprets deviations from expected results, and designs subsequent experimentation.
- Writes standard operating procedures and validations with limited oversight.
- Work closely with R&D director, Bioinformatics departments, operations, and other scientific staff in a team environment.
- Analyze, critique, and interpret results.
- Maintain accurate and comprehensible experimental notes.
- Read primary scientific literature to help develop and troubleshoot experiments.
- Generate data sufficient to be included in patent or peer-reviewed publications.
- Coach and assist junior researchers in R&D.
- Ph.D. with 0 - 3 year’s work experience relevant to position preferred or relevant PostDoc (or equivalent industry experience). Non-Ph.D. candidates must have demonstrated the ability to ably and independently perform all elements of the job, have exceptional capabilities in own field of expertise and the potential for creativity and external collaboration.
- Previous experience in molecular techniques; including sequencing, nucleic acid isolation, qPCR, RT-PCR, etc.
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing preferred
- Familiarity with virology, pathogen detection, laboratory automation or bioinformatics highly desired.
- Experience with assay design and assay performance optimization.
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.