Specialty Lab Assistant
LabCorp is seeking a Lab Assistant to join our team in Syracuse, NY. This role works in a high volume, production based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
The schedule for this position will be: 8:30AM- 5:00PM
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis
- Scan and/or data entry of specimen and patient information
- Ensure all lab equipment is working properly and perform minor instrumentation maintenance
- Troubleshoot any specimen related issues
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Complete record logs and other administrative duties as requested
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
The pay range for this position is $15 to $23.43 . All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Company bonus where applicable.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous medical/lab or production experience is preferred
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Must pass a standardized color blindness test
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
If you’re looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunity for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.