The Product Owner (PO) is a member of the Agile Product Team responsible for defining stories and prioritizing the Team backlog. This is an instrumental role in driving day to day development for the Pharmacy program that touches millions of consumers. Specifically this role will support both [Register to View]
and CVS.com; working on Claims Submission and Pharmacy features (Drug Information, Health resources). This person will be responsible for streamlining the execution of team priorities while maintaining the conceptual and technical integrity of the features/ components for the team along with driving clear outcomes. The PO has a significant role in quality control and is the only team member empowered to accept stories as done. This role has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the local team, including working with Product Manager, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to prepare for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
1. User Story Development
• Works with Product Manager and SME stakeholders to align on business value, problem statements, and customer pain points that are strategic priorities for CVS Health
• Provides subject matter expertise – explaining product vision and user stories to the scrum team to ensure requirements are understood and customer value is delivered
• Collaborates with development team to elaborate and define technical learnings into refined and prioritized backlog items that align to Iteration Objectives.
• Responsible for defining and prioritizing stories that will increase velocity and quality of the program
• Responsible for assuring a level of quality has been achieved by validating that the Story meets acceptance criteria and has met acceptance tests. Approves stories as complete.
• Responsible to update product management on Story status to align on delivery expectations
2. Team Backlog Ownership/Prioritization
• Responsible for building, prioritizing, monitoring/editing, and maintaining the flow of Team Backlog to ensure the delivery of the customer satisfaction and outcomes
• Sets the runway for early business value and customer impact by determining sequencing of sprint planning
• Leads the team in identifying dependencies and tradeoffs as well as problem solving risks that may appear in the Team Backlog
• Define [Register to View]
and [Register to View]
Claims and Drug Info roadmap to address:
o Performance monitoring
o Run cost/maintenance plan
3. Program Increment Planning
• Partner with Product Manager, who is responsible for the Program Backlog, to assist in preparing for the Program Increment (PI) Planning meeting.
• Identify the potential enablers and spikes for discussion in the Program Increment
• Drafts the team’s objectives and defines features for the Program Increment session
• Collaborates with the team to produce the PI system demo and the Product Owner presents it to
• Drive product development through digital scrum teams to implement new pharmacy product suite:
o Manage and prioritize product backlog
o Work in close partnership with client teams, UX designers and engineers to implement the vision
o Engage closely with cross-functional teams including marketing and engineering to bring products to market in a timely manner
o Develop business cases/1 pager overviews around new features and capabilities for product themes and epics
o Serve as a representative for your products with marketing and sales
o Follow agile methodology to establish proper documentation and acceptance criteria with POs to achieve a “productized” set up APIs
o Analyze data on a continuous and daily basis to assess the success of your product.
4. Maintain Conceptual and Technical Integrity of Features/Components
• Partner with design function to consider usability testing and end-user feedback to ensure product will address and resolve user pain points
• Provide architecture and development teams sufficiently detailed feedback on user stories and product vision to ensure the team maintains the technical integrity of features / functionality
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
3+ years required experience as Product Owner, Business Analyst, Project Manager, Consulting, or IT.
-Extensive experience writing clear documentation into user story format (Rally, Jira, etc.) along with process flow diagrams (Visio, Miro, etc.)
-Analytical orientation - metrics driven product development
-Strong critical thinker who makes balanced, insightful decisions using solutions-based thinking in problem solving, asking probing questions and looking for underlying issues
-Ability to effectively work on teams within a highly collaborative environment.
-Strong negotiation, organizational, management, analytical and people skills
-Excellent verbal and written communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization (e.g., executive, management, individual contributors)
-Ability to maintain working relationships with all levels of the organization.
-Broad understanding of core programming and computer science concepts
-Experience in healthcare industry preferred
-Familiarity with agile processes, such as scrum, Kanban, and/or the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.