Planning and Logistics Specialist
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
The Planning and Logistics Specialist ensures that customer orders are processed to plan production and carried out with precision to make sure the customer receives their products on time, while also act as a customer service representative and aftersales specialist, being the single point of contact for the customers. Responsible for central production, capacity planning and logistics activities for all sites in the US.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Create Supply Plans at site level which incorporate Production plan and Logistic plan & ensure that the production plans are accurately reflected in 3Agest System.
• Manage the production and shipments ensuring that product is produced, shipped & released on time.
• Printing out all shipping paperwork including BOL, radioactive labels, DGD and shipping labels.
• Ensuring the couriers are fully informed about the shipments, delivery instructions and delivery times.
• Preparing shipping documents for export shipments.
• Making sure Customs and FDA releases are on time for all import shipments.
• Making schedules to plan drivers and outsourced transports
• Support all AAA departments for export and import shipments if needed.
• Booking the flights and other means of transport to get the products to the customer on time
• Tracking shipments to ensure on time deliveries.
• Ensure direct communication with Customer Service / next point of supply chain, plant internal and -external stakeholders & partners with regard to internal changes.
• Providing solutions for risen problems or difficulties. Optimize local planning processes such as excess doses, throughput time and waiting times of sources
• Represent the point of contact for follow-up on time delivery dates & escalating changes related to supply.
• Ability to adapt flexible working hours including Sunday work.
• Own and manage the planning parameters in planning system.
• Responsible for organizing and follow up of logistic flows (including labelling) of final products to customer (freight out)
• Making sure all logistics operations comply to DGR, DOT and IATA standards
• Support on site change controls and create/review/approval of Quality documentation (deviations, CAPAs, risk assessments, Change Controls, supplier complaints, escalation/FARs, APR)