If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
We offer flexible work schedules: Monday -Friday 8:00am -5:00pm with 1 hour lunch
We are currently seeking a Phlebotomist to work in either a Patient Service Center or client office. In this role you will provide exceptional customer service, perform skilled specimen collections and be the face of the company. In addition, you will be provided opportunities for continuous growth within the organization.
· Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
· Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
· Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
· Process billing information and collect payments when required
· Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
· Maintain patient and specimen information logs
· Provide superior customer service to all patients
· Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
· Travel to additional sites when needed
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
· Previous experience as a phlebotomist
· Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
· Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
· Ability to work independently or in a team environment
· Comfortable working under minimal supervision
· Reliable transportation and clean driving record if applicable
· Flexibility to work overtime as needed
· Able to pass a standardized color blindness test
Specimen Processor Responsibilities
· Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing
· Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted
· Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes
· Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results
· Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
· Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required
· Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
· Resolve and document any problem specimens
· Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if neccessary
At LabCorp we have a passion in helping people live happy and healthy lives. Every day we provide vital information that helps our clients and patients understand their health. If you are passionate about helping people and have a drive for service, then LabCorp could be a great next career step
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .