Hourly rate between $17.00-$31.00
This is a 2nd shift position. Hours are Monday-Friday, 3:30pm-11:30pm.
Responsible for the general maintenance and repair of the facility and its systems.
CVS Health has an exciting opportunity for you to join our
brand-new Midwest Distribution Center as a Maintenance
Mechanic. This job will give you the opportunity to help
build the culture of the new facility and positively impact
CVS Health distribution through maintenance. You will
ensure optimum equipment performance through
maintenance, repair, and preventive maintenance tasks
that are in accordance to the original manufacturer's (OEM) specifications and guidelines or an appropriate facsimile thereof; unless otherwise specified by management.
• Additional responsibilities of the Maintenance Mechanic:
Coordination of department related activities including the
maintenance and repair of all fork truck, conveyors,
motors, reducers, controls and associated equipment
• Balancing the workforce to achieve daily goals and
ensuring compliance with all safety procedures
• Ensuring maintenance procedures are accurately executed
• Developing safety and maintenance procedures
Coordinating work performed by outside vendors
• Assisting in achieving department goals
• Maintaining all aspects of all rolling stock, including fork
trucks and man lifts
• Troubleshooting and maintaining electronic, mechanical
and hydraulic components, and lead-acid batteries
• Maintaining a hydrogen delivery system, including
compressors and dispensers
• Maintaining and repairing all peripheral equipment and
supporting devices associated with fixed conveying and
distribution processing equipment
• Diagnosing and correcting equipment malfunctions and
failures in a timely and effective manner
• Maintaining accurate and appropriate inventory levels for all associated equipment spare parts, hardware, and
• Testing electrical and electronic equipment and
components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance
• Installing, examining, replacing or repairing electrical
wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fiberoptic and coaxial cable assemblies, circuit boards, sensors, relays, limit switches, flow-switches, scanners, VFDs, and PLCs, lighting fixtures and other electrical components
• Knowledge of mathematics and elementary algebraic
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
Previous maintenance experience required
• 1+ years of experience working in a warehouse
• Ability to lift up to 75 lbs
• Must possess valid driver’s license
• Experience in mechanical, electrical and pneumatic
• Experience in programmable logic control repair and diagnostics
• Experience in AC/DC arc welding and gas welding/cutting
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.