Manager, Category Manager
We currently have an important role as a Fresh Foods, Assistant Category Manager. This role is critical to CVS as healthy eating is a key component to managing one’s overall health and wellbeing. The candidate selected for this role will be responsible for defining and evolving our Fresh Foods strategy across the enterprise. Our goal is to enhance our offerings and go-to-market strategy to better align with our mission of helping people on a path to better health.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Responsible for managing assigned merchandise categories (Fresh Foods) and its respective P&L contributions.
• Full scope responsibility for attaining budgeted sales, gross margin, and building market share within their category.
• Overall, responsible for achieving the merchandising objectives as they relate to the CVS strategic plan.
• Position to work collaboratively with all Field Merchant teams supporting our division. We are seeking candidates with strong written and oral presentation skills to enable our vision and gain alignment with multiple levels of leadership.
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to:
• Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned category by attaining market share to include but not limited to: growth, sales, contribution margin, inventory turns and Gross Margin Return on inventory.
• Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating extensively with manufacturers and vendors to ensure product placement and product strategy that drive sales and profitability.
The ideal candidate will:
• Excel at finding and building new relationships with suppliers and companies ranging from global CPGs to start-ups.
• Will display balance between growth with existing suppliers and attracting new strategic partnerships that set the direction for our consumables healthier positioning.
• Develop and implementing category plans (i.e., plan optimal SKU mix; Extracare loyalty program; weekly, seasonal, annual promotional programs) for merchandising programs from 1 to 3 years that reflect deep personal knowledge of our businesses, customers, and clients.
• Continually sustain a strong understanding of current competition, as well as search out new competitive opportunities.
• Initiating and executing strategic promotional strategies and marketing plans by collaborating internally with a team of CVS professionals (e.g., Inventory, Pricing, Promotion, Finance, Store Brands, Store Design and Store Operations).
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
• Merchandising familiarity - understanding of retail merchandising basics (i.e., Category Management), and merchandising organizational structures and processes
• Retail/CPG experience and/or experience analyzing large customer / transaction data sets
• Mastery of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Be currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree
• Have an anticipated graduation date between September 2022 and August 2023
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.