Maintenance Technician (3rd shift) $3k Sign-On Bonus! Sturgis, MI Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 floating holidays + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Maintain, repair and service manufacturing and facility systems.
- Performs skilled maintenance and repair services of manufacturing and facility systems such as mechanical and building systems
- Interpret blueprints and schematics
- Implement methods, practices and techniques of maintaining building and facilities to identify and address recurring problems with machinery, equipment or parts
- Conduct periodic inspections to evaluate requests for repair
- Adhere to current sanitation and GMP requirements
- Maintain current status on all required training
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
High School Diploma or GED required; Technical Diploma preferred
One year of previous experience with machine repair in a manufacturing environment
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.