Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Medical Technologist . In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at Labcorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The primary functions are to perform laboratory tests on human specimens, provide constant and direct technical oversight of the test activities of other laboratory personnel and to review assays and release test results.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides technical oversight of laboratory personnel with constant and direct supervision of their test-assisting activities.
- Tests specimens according to established procedures.
- If assay performs according to specifications, reports results via instrument interface or manual entry in the LIS.
- Follows standard operating procedures regarding acceptance and rejection of results including reviewing all quality control acceptability and recording all remedial actions if runs are not acceptable. Alerts management to problems in quality control methods and procedures.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment, documents PM appropriately, makes minor repairs and immediately contacts appropriate personnel for problems requiring more complex repairs.
- Develops an ever-increasing understanding of laboratory medicine and the clinical significance of laboratory results.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Esoterix, CLIA, CAP and other regulatory bodies.
- Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Follows any other job-related instructions and performs any other job related duties requested by department management.
· An Associate's Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or equivalent preferred w/1-3 years of experience.
· ASCP or AMT certification is required
· CA State certification is required
· Ability to work independently and within a team environment
· Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
· High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
· Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
· Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.