Customs Compliance Import Analyst - Nutrition - Columbus, OH
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Customs Compliance Import Analyst
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives, and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks accrued vacation (1st yr. is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
This position works out of our Columbus, Ohio Easton Square location in the Nutrition Division.
Provide technical and analytical support for customs and trade compliance matters at the site/division level, ensuring compliance with all relevant customs regulations and trade laws and regulations, including 19CFR, 15CFR, FDA, USDA, and other US regulatory agency requirements.
- Operates with general direction and supervision from the Supervisor/Manager. Incumbent is accountable for compliant importation of goods and services, including proper classification and valuation. Failure to comply is a violation of law and could result in significant fines or penalties.
- Ability to analyze opportunities and make recommendations on options and/or alternatives to achieve divisional financial objectives. The Analyst will be privy to highly confidential financial information and must work within the scope of attorney/consultant and client privilege, where deemed appropriate. The proper balance between cost optimization and compliance must be maintained.
What You’ll Work On
- Applies working knowledge of import regulations and requirements to support business needs.
- Consolidate and analyze import data to identify risks or opportunities for savings. Prepare reports and make recommendations to management, as appropriate.
- Provide analytical support related to CBP Requests for Information, Post-Summary Corrections and Prior Disclosures.
- Ensure timely and accurate response to Broker Requests for Information and follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Ensure proper classification, valuation, and origin determination for the site’s imported goods, including non-commercial samples.
- As directed by Supervisor/Manager, implement appropriate corrective actions in response to any findings in the Global Customs & Trade compliance assessment.
- Interface with related functional areas (logistics, procurement, engineering, and manufacturing plant materials management, etc.) on customs compliance requirements for supporting valuation and proper classification of imported items.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with transportation providers to ensure timely delivery and receipt of imported goods.
- Conduct effective and timely transactional review/audit of all import records advising Customs Broker of required entry corrections.
- Identify and elevate post-summary corrections to Supervisor/Manager.
- Ensure import files are complete and audit-ready with documents to support classification, valuation, and origin determination.
- Keep up to date on the latest Customs, FDA, and other government agency import regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE, YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree: Required. Business, logistics/transportation, or supply chain.
- Other: Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience in import/export operations, international business, or another related field.
- Sound analytical abilities and acute attention to detail required.
- Effective communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills are absolutely critical for this position.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and manage time appropriately.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.