Histotechnologist I and II (1st and 2nd shifts)-$5k Sign-On Bonus
Join our pipeline of candidates for our future recruitment needs!
Essential Job Duties:
Perform duties of Technologist I, or II, and may perform duties of Sr Tech in addition to the following additional duties:
o Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of instruments/equipment in the department.
Able to provide troubleshooting guidance to staff to resolve complex instrument and equipment problems. Works with the vendor where needed to resolve instrument/ equipment related problems and summarize results of investigations.
o Coordinates the timely development and completion of training materials and checklists.
o Seeks and promotes expertise in department and across sites to ensure consistent approach to training.
o Initiates revisions to SOPs or writes new SOPs to reflect current processes that ensure compliance. Coordinates with other departments and other sites to ensure timely completion of SOP. Resolves obstacles, where needed.
♦ Instrument/Equipment/Assay Validation
o Responsible for coordinating with other resources to ensure timely completion and implementation of new assay validations.
o May be asked to research, develop, validate and maintain procedures in area of responsibility and make recommendations on modification/improvement of procedures to management.
♦ Process Improvement:
o Able to analyze existing processes and create new approaches or ideas to improve. Works with internal/external department to ensure successful implementation of changes /improvements.
o Demonstrates extensive knowledge of all department functions, and may serve as subject matter expert for department on company wide initiatives (i.e., Six Sigma).
♦ Supports client audit process and responding to inquiries.
♦ Serves as an expert in all facets of trained workstations in area of responsibility. Responds to problems or questions of department staff.
♦ Only individuals that are verified to qualify as supervisory personnel under
regulations/standards applicable to the facility (e.g., New York State, CLIA, CAP) may perform periodic review and approval of quality control program records (e.g. quality control data, instrument logs, reagent logs). The SOPs applicable to the department should be consulted to determine records that can be reviewed and approved.
Individual must have 3 or more years of Covance Laboratory experience performing clinical laboratory testing or experience in performing clinical laboratory testing judged as equivalent.
Education/Qualifications/Certifications and Licenses
U. S. Requirements
Individual must qualify as testing personnel under the following CLIA 1988 and New York State Department of Health requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
• 90 semester hours from an accredited institution that include the following:
1) 16 semester hours of biology courses, which are pertinent to the medical sciences
2) 16 semester hours of chemistry (at least 6 semester hours of Inorganic Chemistry)
3) 3 semester hours of math
• Completed an accredited clinical laboratory training program, or one year documented laboratory training or experience in the specialty that testing is to be performed.
• Associate’s degree in medical laboratory technology
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.