Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to looking to embark on a new challenge in your career? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Houston,TX. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
The work schedule for this position will be Sunday - Tuesday 07:00am - 3:30pm
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors or unusual results
- Provide guidance to technical staff with the analysis and interpretation of final results
- Perform new test procedures and/or methods and provide feedback based on your findings
- Assist with training and orientation of new employees as needed
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.