Electrical Engineering, Future Leaders Program, US, 2023
Site Name: Hamilton Montana
Posted Date: Jan 24 2023
Join the GSK Future Leaders Graduate Program: Help us get ahead of disease together – Electrical Engineering, US, 2023
Education required: BS degree in Electrical Engineering and or combined with Electronics, Physics, Sustainability, Controls & Systems Engineering, Automation Engineering. Preferred Modules would include Power modules, Power electronics, High voltage engineering, Condition based monitoring, Industrial management. Graduation by Spring/Summer 2023
Language requirement: Written and spoken fluency in English
Other requirements: Willingness to be geographically mobile throughout rotations (domestically)
Must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of employment. Employees will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization. Applicant must NOT require future sponsorship for an employment visa status
*You can apply to only one Future Leaders Graduate Program in the U.S.
Start date: September 2023
Application deadline: We will close this vacancy when we have enough applications, so please apply as soon as you can to be considered
Assessment Center Date: January 2023
Are you looking for a career where you can help positively impact the health of billions of people?
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology, and talent to get ahead of disease together. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged, and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued, and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their well-being. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get ahead together.
Find out more:
Inspired to help us get ahead together? Apply for the Electrical Engineering Future Leaders program at GSK today!
We are looking for highly motivated electrical engineering graduates who are keen to develop into future engineering, operational and technical leaders. Working at our manufacturing sites you will help to ensure we have the latest, safe, efficient, and reliable processes and equipment to deliver life-saving medicines and vaccines to people in 90 % of the world’s countries. This role will enable you to develop your skills in an industry that’s making radical changes to the way it develops and manufactures products.
Ahead together with tailored training and career development
If you’re a graduate with the talent and ambition to lead others, we’ll help you develop the expertise to become one of our Future Leaders.
Throughout your 3 rotations, our Future Leaders Graduate Program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. To strengthen your development and gain breadth, you could be based at any of our Pharmaceutical or Vaccines Manufacturing sites in the US in business-critical roles. You will develop your knowledge of vaccines and pharmaceutical manufacturing first-hand as well as your technical and leadership skills.
Our Future Leaders graduate program will challenge and support you to grow professionally and personally. You will have a generous development budget to accelerate your learning, whether it is technical, professional, personal or leadership skills.
What will you do?
As an Electrical Engineering graduate at GSK, you can expect to work on a wide range of activities including:
- Support and lead electrical project work for pharmaceutical equipment from design through to project implementation.
- Work with mission critical power supplies to ensure our plant works effectively and efficiently so that our patients receive their medicine when they need it.
- Be an integral part of the site automation team helping with systems’ design, troubleshooting and operational support
- Involved in energy reduction, environmental sustainability, and cost improvement projects.
- Learn more about our systems including high-voltage system operations.
- Help and support multi-skilled maintenance technicians, operators, and apprentices.
- Coordinate recovery plans and work with multi-disciplinary teams to broaden experience.
- Research & keep up to date with current industry best practice and emerging technologies – making recommendations to the business.
- Use problem solving skills to analyse information and report on your findings
- Mentoring and support through to Professional Engineer status
- A relevant engineering degree
- Interest in electrical engineering related to machine operations, rather than data collection or network systems
- To be technically minded, with a passion for machines, automation, vaccines & pharmaceutical manufacturing processes
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Team player with the ability to work with and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills and a gift for solving problems
- To be a self-motivated and proactive graduate who is keen to develop and learn.
- To be enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- To be analytical and process-driven with excellent attention to detail.
- A genuine interest in the healthcare industry
- A desire to progress professionally to professional engineer status and into senior leadership roles
What do we offer you?
- A competitive salary
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Relocation Allowance (eligibility will be confirmed once your first location is confirmed)
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- On-the-job experience and formal and informal training and development, delivered through a mixture of coaching, mentoring and formal training programs
Let’s do this!
You’ll find hints, tips and guidance on our recruitment process on our website
Need help with your application?
Please email us at [Register to View] and let us know how we can help you
#FLP #EngineeringFLP #ManufacturingSupplyChainFLP
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-[Register to View] (US Toll Free) or +1 [Register to View] (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions to this requirement are employees who are approved for an accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related reasons.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.