Senior Scheduler - CAR-T Manufacturing Operations
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Senior Scheduler will be responsible for the day-to-day scheduling including scheduling of qualified personnel to execute the daily schedule of activities on all Quads, and alignment of trainers with trainees from tracking new employee through the Tier 2 qualification activities on the production floor.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- This position requires the scheduler to be on-site.
- Knowledge of cell culture, cryopreservation, purification, and aseptic processing.
- Knowledge of activity scheduling to maximize training and manufacturing operations performance.
- Knowledge of cGMP/FDA regulated industry, that includes experience with Agency interactions and inspections.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams to deliver results and meet business objectives.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of training capabilities within the Manufacturing Operations schedule, ensure trainings occur as schedule and on time.
- Knowledge and Expertise in the RTMS Scheduling Application.
Education and Experience:
- Detail oriented with a knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Prior experience with scheduling.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology or another related discipline or 3-5 years of experience in cGMP biologics manufacturing, experience in cell therapy manufacturing preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for CAR T Manufacturing Scheduling activities. This includes:
- Schedule associates to complete daily production activities as dictated by the Supply Chain schedule.
- Schedule Tier 1 and Tier 2 Training events, based on need and communication from the training team.
- Ensure all workstations and incubators that are set on the schedule are available for processing.
- Work cross-functionally with the Supply Chain Scheduling team to ensure the schedule is published in advance for Manufacturing Operations associates to understand their assignment.
- Scheduling of Media Personnel for Media Operations.
- Working with the Quad Managers and the Supply Chain team to identify and mitigate any scheduling risks that could negatively impact the production schedule.
WORKING CONDITIONS (US Only):
This position is in an office and will have time spent working on a computer.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to . Visit[Register to View] target="_blank"> [Register to View] to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.