Research Scientist, Cell and Gene Therapy
We are seeking a highly motivated scientist to join the Biotherapeutic Engineering and Gene Therapy (BEGT) group within NBC in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The BEGT group drives a diverse portfolio of modalities including therapeutic proteins, multi-specific antibodies, CAR-T, RNA therapeutics and AAV. Through innovative and rational protein design as well as cell and viral engineering, the BEGT group works collaboratively within NIBR to broaden the use of biologics into therapeutic applications where conventional antibodies have limitations.
What you’ll be doing: Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the production of AAV materials to advance gene therapy programs.
• Explore new technologies and find creative solutions to advance AAV platform.
• Design and execute experiments.
• Assist with general laboratory maintenance and logistics.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to address unmet technology needs.
• Present research findings internally and externally to cross-functional teams
• Maintain a detailed electronic laboratory notebook.
This position will be located at the Cambridge, MA site and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will require 0% travel as defined by the business (domestic and/ or international).
Vaccine Policy (customer-facing roles only): While Novartis does not require vaccination for Covid-19 or proof of a recent negative test result for Covid-19 at this time, employees working in customer-facing roles must adhere to and comply with customers’ (such as hospitals, physician offices, etc.) credentialing guidelines, which may require vaccination. As required by applicable law, Novartis will consider requests for reasonable accommodation for those unable to be vaccinated. This requirement is subject to applicable state and local laws and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions. Please send accommodation requests to [email protected][Register to View] .