Clinical Laboratory Technologist - Blood Bank
Are you an experienced Clinical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Clinical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Medical Technologist or Technician at Dell Seton Medical Center in Austin, TX. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: “Improving Health, Improving Lives”.
*** This position includes a $2,500 sign on bonus. ***
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 7:00am to 3:30pm; Rotating weekends
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed information, please [Register to View] .
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Associate’s or Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Previous Generalist experience including Chemistry, Hematology and Urinalysis
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .