Principal Systems Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Principal Systems Engineer
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Plano, TX location in the Neuromodulation. Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum, and restore the lives of those living with debilitating motion disorders
As the Principal Systems Engineer in New Product Development, you’ll have the chance to deliver front-end systems engineering solutions based on a portfolio-centric approach and novel innovation programs related to implantable devices and accompanying peripheral devices and software applications.
Working at our site in Plano, this role ensures logical and systematic conversion of user needs and performance requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. You will be mentoring other engineers in systems engineering best practices as well as directly applying an expert understanding of applications, customer needs to be addressed, and architecting solutions to streamline product development.
What You’ll Work On
- New and Novel Product Development
- Ensure industry (INCOSE) best practices
- Actively promote electromechanical-software system quality
- Continuously improve processes and standards
- Solve organization and portfolio problems
- Mentor and grow other system engineers
Pay and Shift [manufacturing only; if applicable]
The salary range for this position is 150k – 180k based on experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Systems, Mechanical, Computer, Electrical, Biomedical, or Software), or related discipline
- 15+ years of in a similar position, including systems integration experience/integrating all system components (electrical, mechanical, software), system architecture, requirement/user need gathering, and/or end-to-end (ideation to commercialization) technical product development experience
- Demonstrated ability to effectively integrate information from varied disciplines and work within a highly regulated enviroment
- Advanced degree in Engineering (Systems, Electrical or Biomedical) with experience in clinical applications involving electromechanical devices
- 20+ years of new product development or related work experience
- INCOSE Certification (CSEP/ESEP credentials) and experience practicing MBSE
- Medical device experience
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.