Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in St. Paul, MN. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
MedTox Laboratories is a subsidiary of Laboratory Corporation of America (LabCorp). The integration of LabCorp and Covance in 2015 makes LabCorp the largest health care diagnostic company in the world. LabCorp operates in over 60 countries creating great opportunities for career growth and advancement across the world.
If you are motivated by job satisfaction, MedTox Laboratories is the place for you. Every day we make a difference in the way the medical community receives accurate results for our clients and patients. Come join an industry leader to grow your career in the Medical Laboratory Industry as a Forensic Screens Technologist Trainee.
MedTox Forensic Laboratory Team is seeking a Forensic Screens Technologist Trainee. Utilize your science degree / background and receive on the job training working in a fast-paced environment for performing routine drugs of abuse testing in patient samples according to established testing procedures. The screening department uses immunoassay to screen for different analytes in urine, oral fluid, blood and serum type samples. Samples that screen presumptively positive then go on for confirmation testing. This laboratory is fast-paced and performs a variety of high complexity testing including workplace drug testing, federal drug testing and medicated assisted drug treatment testing on urine, oral fluid, blood, and serum samples types. MedTox Technologists perform a vital component of medical laboratory science.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology
- Previous experience is not required at Technologist Trainee level
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Work effectively in a fast paced production environment to meet established turnaround times
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Able to work independently within a team under general supervision
- Color blindness testing required
- Some overtime required
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] [Register to View] target="_blank">.