Lead Director/ Chief of Staff, Technology
This position is focused on strategic technology and operational initiatives essential to transform our department (i.e. staffing, workforce management, reporting, etc…). This role is a horizontal function that spans across teams in Mental Wellbeing operations, helps drive and operationalize technology products, new programs, customer retention strategies and oversees ongoing maintenance of these efforts.
Operational activities for this role include monthly OPEX, quarterly and annual planning and budgeting, program management of key initiatives, vendor management, and assisting in preparing executive readouts, and reports.
This individual will work closely with SMEs, product management, IT/ Clinical platform, data science, reporting and outsourced vendor teams.
• Leads key cross-functional projects across the technology, clinical, product, and enterprise shared services teams
• Proactively works with Finance, Product, Sales and Account Management to support budgeting, new product needs and sales support assignments
• Oversees contracting related to operational vendors, suppliers and partner engagements
• Aligns, prioritizes, and coordinates multiple cross-functional and strategic technology initiatives
• Other duties as assigned and needed
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• Experience with leading key cross-functional projects across the technology, clinical, product, and enterprise shared services teams
• Experience working with Finance, Product, Sales and Account Management to support budgeting, new product needs and sales support assignments
• Experience in prioritizing and coordinating multiple cross-functional and strategic technology initiatives
• 10+ years healthcare industry, operations, and project management experience
• Multiple years of proven project and program management, setting strategic direction and
• Multiple years’ experience in care management operations in a health plan environment
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Master’s degree preferred
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.